Weekend Technical Discussion : Ambient Intelligence (20/01/13)

As per poll,the most voted topic for the Weekend technical discussion is "Ambient Intelligence".

So CEans,let's share whatever you know about Ambient Intelligence right here!

Game On !

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I am excited,this topic is chosen!I want to know about it more,so fellow CEans, please explain how it works and if someone can give me existing examples and future prospects of it.

What I came to know about it on internet is -
    It is some kind of new technology that makes an environment of intelligent devices around us, we are calling the devices intelligent because they work according to our current actions.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    What I can infer is that Ambient Intelligence is a thing of the future. The approach of this vision is user centric, which means that making machines aware of User's existence enhances user experience.
    It a combination of different technologies of today such as embedded systems, networking, AI, Nanotech etc. to form the intelligent devices of the future.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    so this is like an AI robot
    is this works on neural logics or any fuzzy logic systems or any other unknown technology
    this looks interesting to me
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ambient Intelligence, also known as AmI, is basically the concept of electronic/computer devices embedded (hidden) in our surroundings that assist or responds to human needs intelligently. Some examples below:

1) Smart Home: Think Iron Man, where his house (with Jarvis) is all connected up and computerized, for example the window acting as a screen displaying news and weather reports. At home, you'd want lights to go on/off automatically depending on human presence or activity, or be able to identify and locate users & items around the house. Lets say an elderly man falls asleep but he left the cooker on, then the system will either try to alert him, or send an alert to his relatives or neighbours. Real life examples would be the Amigo project and smart home research by Philips.

2) Smart Car: When driving, the car will automatically plot out a routes to avoid traffic on the fly, with traffic/accident updates on the fly. Or plots out nearest grocery items available. Or having more sensors that will increase situational awareness for the driver, like proximity of other cars, road conditions or pedestrians.

Smart homes and smart cars are not a new concepts, but researchers put them under the umbrella of Ambient Intelligence to ensure there is focus on convergence of electronics, computing and telecommunications, and make them practical realities.
  • subaBE
    subaBE
    sir, its very interesting one...may i know how those mentioned above are happen....what they do for providing all facility inside the room,car?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm curious to know - is the polio vaccination, its large scale publicity a big scam? I'm not a paranoid; but I'd like to go with the facts. The big...
Hi ^_^ I thought Engineering graphics would be easy but actually it's not! I've exams within 2 days! -_-' Anyone can explain me how to construct scale of chords? It's...
Android SDK is proprietary and not Opensource ! Find it "Fake" news ? Ok! Go to THIS LINK Now, select any of the file for download & instantly the "Terms...
After release of Windows 8, most people complained about dual boot difficulties with Windows 8 & Linux OS. Well there is shortlist of Linux OS which will dual boot with...
Everyone once in life gets trolled. Apple Store in Germany gets trolled too 😛