Weekend Online Debate Competition Is Back!

Hola CEans,

Let us bring back the Weekend Debate competitions.
Every Sunday, on a pre-decided time - we shall all gather on CrazyEngineers to enter the debate competition.

The topic of the debate will be declared 5 minutes before the start time.
The debate shall be ON for 30 minutes.

We will select a debate master from among the members or some special guest to co-ordinate the entire debate event.

Prize: The winner shall be announced by the co-ordinator and shall receive Rs. 500 Gift Voucher.

๐Ÿ˜ What do you think about that?

The first debate shall begin on 4th May. I will update this post to disclose the time tomorrow.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Stunning move.Happy to find weekend debate to be back in action.
    You can count on us ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    Hola CEans,

Let us bring back the Weekend Debate competitions.
    Every Sunday, on a pre-decided time - we shall all gather on CrazyEngineers to enter the debate competition.

The topic of the debate will be declared 5 minutes before the start time.
    The debate shall be ON for 30 minutes.

We will select a debate master from among the members or some special guest to co-ordinate the entire debate event.

Prize: The winner shall be announced by the co-ordinator and shall receive Rs. 500.

๐Ÿ˜ What do you think about that?

The first debate shall begin on 4th May. I will update this post to disclose the time tomorrow.
    Would it be in CE Chat as before or forum threads?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think we will go with the threads i.e. normal discussions. Let us see how it turns out this weekend. And then we will think of other options.
  • lal
    lal
    Will the chat application be brought back for that? Or shall threads be the battling grounds?

Edit: Oops! My broswer didn't update the thread! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If anyone wants to volunteer for being this week's "Debate Master", you are cordially welcome. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How does Sunday 8 pm sound?
    Ankita Katdare
    How does Sunday 8 pm sound?
    Double ok
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sorry for being a little late, here's the first topic -

Online Debate Competition #1 - Is wearable technology a fad or the future?
    Does yesterday's debate competition has winner or not?@Ankita Katdare
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Does yesterday's debate competition has winner or not?@Ankita Katdare
    Nope. I had mentioned it in the first post in that thread, we need at least 5 participants. Let us hope for more response this week.
    Ankita Katdare
    Nope. I had mentioned it in the first post in that thread, we need at least 5 participants. Let us hope for more response this week.
    Yeah i understand.May be you should rethink on other probable time for competition.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please re-consider to bring back real time chat for debates, threads are nice but not suitable for online debates

Just a suggestion
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Do we have a debate on this weekend?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    Do we have a debate on this weekend?
    I guess Yes.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes, we do. What time suits everyone? ๐Ÿ˜€ Let us update the notice on the top with a time this time.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes, we do. What time suits everyone? ๐Ÿ˜€ Let us update the notice on the top with a time this time.
    I seriously suggest it to keep after 3 PM, may be between 4 PM to 5 PM, that would be the best suited for most of us I guess.
    Great.
    we are ready to roar.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please update the debate notice to reflect the timing.
    Sunday - 4-5 pm.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope everyone is ready for the debate. Be here at 4:00 pm!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I will be in.

Just my two cents...Rather then debate, should we term it as Group Discussion (GD)?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We can do that too. ๐Ÿ˜€

So, are the people ready?

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I am new to this. Could you please explain the rules and procedure?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Refer to the first post in this discussion.

Watch out for this space at -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have exam on 19th. But It won't stop me from participating this event.
    Put some good controversial debate in the game & I may bite it.
  • yahya idrias
    yahya idrias
    i think it gonna be really interesting ๐Ÿ˜€
    If i m not wrong, we missed last week debate competition .
    Why ร‚ยฟ
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So it's been 3 busy weeks, but we are now all used to the redesign and June is here! So, let's start again with the competition.

I am tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to volunteer in co-ordinating the competition.
    I'll discuss with her about a suitable topic and she will be responsible for conducting the debate contest on 15th of June.

I am thinking we will extend the time of debate from 1 hour to - 2 or 3 hours. This gives the participants more space to come up with good counter points.

We shall disclose the timings in the notice soon.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    So it's been 3 busy weeks, but we are now all used to the redesign and June is here! So, let's start again with the competition.

I am tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to volunteer in co-ordinating the competition.
    I'll discuss with her about a suitable topic and she will be responsible for conducting the debate contest on 15th of June.

I am thinking we will extend the time of debate from 1 hour to - 2 or 3 hours. This gives the participants more space to come up with good counter points.

That's great, till then my exams would also get over ! ๐Ÿ˜€

The timing thing will now allow us to come up with more good points.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Ankita Katdare
    Hey folks,

We are all set to have a debate on this Sunday @ 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
    As asked by many of the CEan's, this Sunday we are going to have the debate for prolonged session... for 90 minute.

I am sure that your participation is going to make this an awesome debate session.

Stay Tuned...
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I hope to see you guyz online at 7:00 PM, Sunday June 15. So, are you guyz ready for the Sunday Debate session?

All the CEan's are awesome, Tagging few of them in limited space.

#-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# ,#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# ...
    Yummy raring to go
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Nice! I will try my best ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I'll be in most probably, but can't confirm because of the work :/
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I will have to miss out going to Courtalam tomorrow mate. Be back in the next weeks challenge
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I will try .. I might be travelling at that time. If not, I will surley be arguing over something! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I will be in office during that time so I will participate very first time. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The next debate will be held on 6th of July.

What should be the timings?

7:00 to 8:30 pm

or

8:00 to 9:30 pm

We need maximum participation. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Done ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Should we go for 2 hours slot? 7:00 TO 9:00 PM.

I think that will help us get more people on board.

#-Link-Snipped-# Please put up a notice for the same.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    We can certainly do that!
    What about taking a poll opinion for the preferred time slot and duration?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    We can certainly do that!
    What about taking a poll opinion for the preferred time slot and duration?
    There's a mixed bag of opinions. Anyhow, when it comes to timing, a clear consensus is rarely achieved.

Let us go with 7 - 9 pm slot for this time and figure out as we go ahead.

Like the last time #-Link-Snipped-# will be the co-ordinator of the competition.
    Let's have a very fiery debate this time! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Last two debates seen a little less participation, probably we all were busy in enjoying the relaxed dinner on Sunday evening. This time we will be moving the debate to Weekday. What about having Debate on Wednesday @ 8:00 PM ???

Let us know what do you think about it day and time;

Believe me, the next planned debate would be super Awesome and be ensured, that everyone gonna enjoy that a lot !!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    [USERGROUP=4]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] - What's your say on the day and time?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rajni Jain
    [USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] - What's your say on the day and time?
    I think time and day is affecting participant too much so I suggest we also need to get suggestion from CEans and then we will choose the best suitable time. Or let us pick up 4-5 slots and then we make some poll and let CEans choose the best one.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    I think SATURDAY Eve,(6:00 PM Onwards) would be the suitable time for everyone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WHICH IS MORE SUITABLE FOR STRUCTURAL FABRICATION WORK, ALUMINIUM SCAFFOLDING? OR, STEEL SCAFFOLDING?
Finally, the much-awaited KYCEan interviews are back! I am happy to see the excitement in you guys about the KYCEan series. I am glad to introduce you to my first...
PS: Sorry for the little hiatus. Sort of like cartoonist's block ๐Ÿ˜
Today's generation is gadget lovers and campuses are wireless network enabled, there is great need of charging spots all over the campus.These solar tables provide renewable source of energy for...
In a DC supply the movement of electron is from negative terminal to positive but how does a moving electron produce alternating current. does the same electron move back and...