Wearable Electronics To Monitor Your Heart Rate

Japanese NTT has developed wearable textile electrodes which when worn inside of the short monitor your heart's parameters. These electrodes are fabricated using a type of a conductive fiber made up of silk or synthetic fiber core coated with a conductive polymer called PEDOT-PSS. The research team says that this new polymer has excellent biocompatability - and can pick up ECG measurement with the stability of conventional methods. The electrodes themselves do not need to be pasted to the skin using a gel or electrolyte paste.

slideโ€‹

These textile electrodes are even softer to touch and allow comfortable feeling. These polymers are flexible & breathable as well - allowing for long term monitoring of heart parameters without any burden to the wearer. NTT claims that they've conducted studies to ensure that there's no irritation or contact dermatitis after a long-term use.

The company now plans to take a step ahead and experiment the technology with about 100 wearers to ensure the safety and effectiveness. It's expected that wearable electronics will play an important role in the medical field - allowing reduction of risk of heart attacks and other irregularities. Check out the video with English captions to know more.

โ€‹

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Very similar kind of project to this has been done in Gujarat by diploma students which GTU Innovation has published in the website. The project's name is : Patient Monitoring through GSM Modem.

Check out : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    Very similar kind of project to this has been done in Gujarat by diploma students which GTU Innovation has published in the website. The project's name is : Patient Monitoring through GSM Modem.

Check out : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Indians are always Indians They make stuff publicise it and don't take patent and finally the same product is out in different brand name and the world awes at it

Hope it changes
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    just another typical japanese product : dead, dumb and hazardous !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    just another typical japanese product : dead, dumb and hazardous !

๐Ÿ‘€

Would you care to explain it?

How does that apply to Suzuki, Yamaha & Playstation 4?
  • mail154
    mail154
    Conqueror
    Indians are always Indians They make stuff publicise it and don't take patent and finally the same product is out in different brand name and the world awes at it

Hope it changes

๐Ÿ‘ True.. There are many Examples for that..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ‘€

Would you care to explain it?

How does that apply to Suzuki, Yamaha & Playstation 4?
    sometime back i bought a similar-looking product, called the electronic massager. its function was to massage and relieve the pain of your body parts.

it had the same kind of body-attaching pads, connected by cables to a hand-held device.

the device would send electronic signals to the pads, which would then convert it into mechanical vibrations, and perform the massaging action.

the part of your body to which you would fix the pads would be massaged.

but my feedback on this product: it simply did not serve the purpose !

well i never patronized playstation.

as for yamaha and suzuki, well they sell lesser than honda and hero motocorp.

suzuki is the worst. its bikes like heat, slingshot, zeus, etc are rarities on the road.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    zaveri
    sometime back i bought a similar-looking product, called the electronic massager. its function was to massage and relieve the pain of your body parts.

it had the same kind of body-attaching pads, connected by cables to a hand-held device.

the device would send electronic signals to the pads, which would then convert it into mechanical vibrations, and perform the massaging action.

the part of your body to which you would fix the pads would be massaged.

but my feedback on this product: it simply did not serve the purpose !

well i never patronized playstation.

as for yamaha and suzuki, well they sell lesser than honda and hero motocorp.

suzuki is the worst. its bikes like heat, slingshot, zeus, etc are rarities on the road.

#-Link-Snipped-# - By the way, Honda is Japanese too, and so are Toyota, Casio, Citizen, Sony, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Isuzu and Mazda which are known globally for their quality.
    And it is Suzuki which manufactures the Hayabusa and Bandit brands of motorbikes.
    Musicians are well aquainted with Yamaha and Korg brands for a diverse range of musical instruments.
    Sorry to disagree with you on this pal. Maybe your negative experience with a certain Japanese product has moulded your opinion but that cannot be taken as a generalisation.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    mail154
    ๐Ÿ‘ True.. There are many Examples for that..
    Do you think Indians need guidance in preventing others from stealing their intellectual property ??
  • mail154
    mail154
    yes..they need..many of the discoveries were the result of hardwork of indians sometimes it was ignored..sometimes a minor change were made on the discovery and advertised to masses. some of them were totally unnoticed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    How on earth can it be done seriously no one has a tutorial for how to get a patent? How to reveal once own intellectual property to the world and stuff

I think a better explanation to them can be provided here as well What say?
  • mail154
    mail154
    yes i accept they need explanation and guidance but before the arrival of process of getting an ownership for a product, believe me we have done wonders. another reason why we didn't need that was the our older generations doesn't wanted to get proud and fame for their intellectual property but done it is a service to mankind. i am still proud of it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am aware of that as well

But some person coming to India and telling that his product can do all stuff which a local school boy in India designed and sell it to Indians blindly this is not fair
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    lovebox
    #-Link-Snipped-# - By the way, Honda is Japanese too, and so are Toyota, Casio, Citizen, Sony, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Isuzu and Mazda which are known globally for their quality.
    And it is Suzuki which manufactures the Hayabusa and Bandit brands of motorbikes.
    Musicians are well aquainted with Yamaha and Korg brands for a diverse range of musical instruments.
    Sorry to disagree with you on this pal. Maybe your negative experience with a certain Japanese product has moulded your opinion but that cannot be taken as a generalisation.

yeah i agree with you on this pal. Honda, mitsubishi, and Toyota are just awesome !
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror

But some person coming to India and telling that his product can do all stuff which a local school boy in India designed and sell it to Indians blindly this is not fair

yeah you are right. and mostly it is the Chinese, who do this.

we got to think of a way to put an end to this. but how ?
  • mail154
    mail154
    Conqueror

yes..i agree

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Look, when you've billions of dollars in your bank accounts - you can always refund $6000 to a kid who unknowingly bought stuff worth $6000 on App Store. That's what...
The CEoM August 2013 applications are open and if you haven't yet applied for the next month's contest, we'd encourage you to do so "NOW". The applications will close on...
Einstein cannot be beaten. Speed of light cannot be exceeded. So what? Warp the space and reduce the distance. There you are! Our Star-Trek Future? NASA Scientists Engineering a Warp-Drive...
Greetings everyone! It'll be long post, please kindly bear with me! Myself Hemanth, A 2013, Electrical engineering pass out from Shimoga,A tier 3 city in karnataka. Just after my completion...
In June, HEVC/H.265 Standard was officially released which was approved in Early 2013,January.The HEVC abbreviated as High Efficiency Video Codec is capable to cover larger screen resolutions with 8K pixels...