WDD HDD not recognised

I've a 160 GB WD HDD. Yesterday morning I had accessed it. But now when I attach it with my Laptop it's not opening. The drive is listed both under Disk Management and My Computer. But when I click on the drive it asks me the HDD needs to be formatted before it can be used. My HDD is almost full and all my important data are in it. So don't want to loose it..! 😔
Can any plzz help in regaining my data back from my HDD..!

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    The hard disk seems to be fine. it might be a driver or software related issue. such problems are frequently seen with pen drives too.

for a quickie, connect it using a different USB post than the one you are using.
    try uninstalling the WD software and then reinstalling it. Now access the hard disk and see if it works.
    also, try connecting in safe mode (keep pressing F8 key)

else download and use 'Active Partition Recovery' software and click on boot sector. it will be working back as normal 😀
    or u may use Atola Partition Find and Mount which comes for free and is also easy to use. Get it findandmount.com

else, resetting boot sectors is easy with a windows installation disc. just boot with the windows installation disc and go to RECOVERY CONSOLE.
    once there type
    fixboot and/or fixmbr

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

.. its PACMAN's 30 th aniversary and wow! Google came up with the whole game logo as a tribute 😁 Today all my google searches will be slow, given the...
Via: Tesla Motors - Press Releases PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Tesla Motors has purchased the former NUMMI factory in Fremont, California, where it will build the Model S sedan and...
hi friends can anyone tell which course is best for eee among the following, 1) embedded 2) vlsi 3) matlab 4) advanced vlsi tell me if u know someother courses.
Is KIRCHOFF's both law is applicable for both A.C networks and D.C netwoks?if yes describe me about Answer
Looking for free online shell scripting tutorials. Have searched the Internet but not found any so far. Does anyone know?