Watch High Quality HTML5 Videos @ m.youtube.com

Google has released a new version of YouTube for HTML5 compatible mobile browsers. If you have a phone that has HTML5 supporting browser, you should check out m.youtube.com. The new version supports much better UI and super fast loading times.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Image Credit: TechCrunch

The new version uses the <video> tag. Although YouTube has its own native application that installs on over 100 million mobile devices; YouTube's product manager Andrey Doronichev made is very clear that the web based app is superior in every way. Rolling out newer version of YouTube in the form of a web app is a part of the new trend it is setting - favoring web based apps over native apps.

The native iPhone application has apparently failed to keep up with the latest developments at YouTube. The quality of video on YouTube's new webapp is far superior than any other native app. The reason behind this is that the iPhone app still uses the streaming technology for 'EDGE' and not 3G, while the new web app uses streaming technology for 3G.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I confess, I am a Firefox fanboy. I am extremely biased towards Firefox and have been steadfastly sticking to that browser since 2002. Despite all the commotion around Chrome and...
Mozilla is getting ready for the new version of the hugely popular web browser that will be called Firefox 4 and has released the first beta version for the new...
Hard drive prices, about a year ago, had stabilized down after a period of sharp fall, due to shortage of hard drives. The depreciation in the price was very less...
All entrepreneurs have limited resources for spreading the word about their ventures, products, team etc. PR Agencies cost a lot and it is always good to have as many as...
Making a new milestone in the use of solar power, a Swiss team has made headlines when they flew for more than 26 hours straight in a solar powered plane....