Want to do freelance work, but have no experience

Hello friends
I have just completed my B.E.(I.T.). I have knowledge of html,css,javascript and core php. I want to become fulltime freelancer but I haven't any professional experience. Pls Advice me should I go for it? Is therer any scope for fresher in freelance market(mainly php and javascript)?

Replies

• ram_149955
    ram_149955
    To do freelancing you need to be very skilled and you need lot of connections. As you are fresher, you might not have lot of real time experience, which is very much required for freelancing.

But why you want to do freelancing instead of applying for companies. I guess you will get job easily looking at the confidence level you have in even thinking about freelancing.

If you are still interested, you can visit stores/businesses near your home and ask them if they want you to build a website for them. Who knows? they might say 'yes' and you could make some money and gain experience.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the best way to start freelancing would be to list yourself with your skills set on top freelancing websites like ODesk, Freelancer.in, PeoplePerHour etc. Just make a search online and you will see lot of websites that allow you to offer your services. You can start by taking up small touch-up, code-fix jobs.

In order to demonstrate your capabilities, I'd recommend building up a pet project in the open source domain. Build small tools and services that demonstrate what you are capable of - and I'm 100% sure that it'd be a great start.

When you get a new client, be very professional in dealing with them and make it a point to get their testimonial for your services. You should be able to build a good profile in about a year or so. I'm quite sure you'd also be able to make income equal to or greater than what you'd have made in a job.

I hope this helps. All the best!
  • 1hardik
    1hardik
    thank you
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    for your valuable advice
  • 1hardik
    1hardik
    Can anyone suggest which language is more suitable for freelancing in terms of number of jobs and future scope in market :
    1. php with it's frameworks or
    2. javascript (jquery,angular js, backbone js and node js)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Did you try searching for these on your own?
  • 1hardik
    1hardik
    yes, I tried and found that php is more popular so far as it is older than javascript but javascript is gaining momentum slowly. More jobs are available for php but number of developers are also high so payment is lower. If someone who is already doing freelancing web development should have more idea. So please share your knowledge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The thing is, you will get recruited on freelancer or any other website based on your skills-set and not what's popular. What are you 'exceptionally good' at? PHP or JS. If JS, is it jQuery, Angular or others? Remember, when I say 'exceptionally good' - I mean it! You've to be awesome at something so that people can recruit your as a freelancer.

...and you can become exceptional only by working on projects - either given by real clients or your own. The 'payment is lower' does not hold true because the quality developers can demand any rate; and yeah - people are willing to pay!

Remember, no one will give you a project if you have 'knowledge of' multiple languages, tools, technologies. People will give you work based on your what you are capable of delivering.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Charging our gadgets with metal exteriors wirelessly was not possible, until now. All the wireless charging technologies available failed to become compatible with devices having metal bodies. In the latest...
If I send an auto cad drawing,can anybody help me by carrying out analysis of the said item? Please let me know the same.
Hi all Crazy Engineers I am Vinay I did B.Tech in ECE in 2014 I wasted 1year in GATE What should i do now 1.should i go for job search...
Gionee has quietly launched a new smartphone in India called the Pioneer P2M. Featuring a 4 inch display with 800 x 480 pixel WVGA resolution, the Gionee Pioneer P2M features...
I want to know about the placements from CDAC MET-IIT mumbai.I have been allot this center in second round,can anyone tell me about it? plz....