Want to buy new Android Phone @ 10k..few issues i want to clarify..

Hi..I want to buy a new phone within a budget of around 10k. Do I need to look at phone's internal memory as a factor before buying?? Is it true that apps work only on phone's internal memory and not on SD card and hence if the phone has low internal memory I will be able to install less no of apps.

Also in case I want to buy a dual sim phone(all phones in this budget are dual standby), is the second sim able to recieve a call while im messaging on the first sim??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Less budget phone tend to have less internal memory, Hence less apps.
    I have entry level Android Samsung Y S5360-GT which has 190 mb internal memory which is very less but there is a way out to store apps in sd card.
    -Root phone
    -partition your sd card using mini partition wizard
    -use one partition to store apps & other partition for your personal data.(using link2sd)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For most of the phones that I know of, you can extend the memory of your smartphone through micro SD card. It acts like your slave HDD (in computers). You can install and run your apps right on your external or internal memory without any issues. I'm not sure if this changes for a few apps.

Whether both SIMS operate at the same time will depend on the model (that's what I know, never used a dual SIM phone). Do you have any specific model in mind?
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    I know i can rooting is an option,but the warranty gets void if I root the phone.
    #-Link-Snipped-# So you are saying that internal memory shouldnt be a focus pt while buying a smartfone?
    I'm thinking of buying either Galaxy Duos Lite or Galaxy Ace duos. Do u have any idea? Can i recieve calls on the other sim while messaging on the first sim? and vice versa?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ankitfranciscan
    I know i can rooting is an option,but the warranty gets void if I root the phone.
    Rooted phone can be un-rooted too.
    Partial knowledge is dangerous than NO knowledge.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does Google Delete Your Mail On Its Own? This is what I am thinking. I am facing this problem. Even when I am not deleting my mails, I can find...
why is the frequency of pulsating dc is more than actual alternating sine wave
Here is the gallery of submissions for Nat Geo's 2012 photo contest. While all are good some are breath taking. https://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/n..._content=inside_20121127&utm_campaign=Content
The Mars explorer project Curiosity was almost abandoned because of various glitches. The story of how these were overcome is inspiring to engineers, who must know that failures are the...
friends can we bring a sine wave output from squre wave