Want Job In Startup. Have Less Than 60%. What To Do.

Actually i am residing in Bangalore, for a purpose of job searching but i don't have 60% in 10th that's why, i am lacking in many parts of company.For me money doesn't matter me i just want to learn,so if anyone provide me list of startups that will help me.My resume is attached to it for so go through it.If anyone can tell me where i am lacking then i will be greatfull to them!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Startups would typically look for an expert in the domain. You need to improve your skills-set first.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Jayesh001
    Actually i am residing in Bangalore, for a purpose of job searching but i don't have 60% in 10th that's why, i am lacking in many parts of company.For me money doesn't matter me i just want to learn,so if anyone provide me list of startups that will help me.My resume is attached to it for so go through it.If anyone can tell me where i am lacking then i will be greatfull to them!
    Lets start,
    1)
    "Strong communication, collaboration & interpersonal skills with proficiency in learning new technical concepts quickly and utilizing them in effective manner."

Please give an example where you got something accomplished with the above mentioned skills.

" Executed various academic projects using technologies such as HTML, Java and Microsoft Sql Server 2008"

You realize that various means multiples. Various is used when you've done far too many projects to put them in the resume. In yours, I just see 1 project. If you did do other projects, however small, I'd suggest you put them instead of unnecessary information like personal details and the declaration. Those are the most unnecessary information in any resume. As an employer, all I need is your name, permanent address, email and phone number. 3 of which you've already given in the header (which is correct). Even 4th can be accommodated here. What use do I have with your parents name? Wasting space in a resume is a sin! Time will come when you'd kill to place a couple of extra words but couldn't because it's overshooting 2 pages.

2) How are the below 2 statements different
    "Enthusiasm for learning new technologies."
    "Passion for learning new technologies."

3) How are the below things considered to be hobbies?
    "Eating ,Watching Movies"
    Let's suppose I am your prospective employer, how's your capability of eating or watching movies gonna help me unless you're interested in applying for food taster or movie critic which I doubt.
    This is for everyone; Playing cricket or watching movie or just eating is not an hobby. An hobby would be something productive. So playing cricket can only be an hobby when you've played in some recognized tournaments and have credible awards. Traveling can be a hobby if you're visiting place of historic or some other kind of significance. Not going back and forth from home town.

As Kaustubh pointed out, you need to increase your skill set. Not only increase, but also need to showcase them. If you're really good at what you do, get involved in open source project. Then you can claim something realistic. If I am to employ someone, I'd anytime prefer a person who implemented a small module of a famous/important project than someone who implemented the complete ERP or any other cliche.

And of course, you can go for some placement oriented course. If you've some money to spend, this is a better way.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Agree to what Prototype has said above. Build skill set. There's no substitute for that. Not even distinction from the best college in the country. Be the master of a technology you love. People will kill each other to hire you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wonderful analysis, Prototype! I wish engineering college students were taught the basics.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Sir I have completed my engineering in computer science and i have major inclination towards web development as a PHP Developer. I want to know about scopes in php...
Swipe Technologies has launched its brand new X703 tablet successor as a Snapdeal exclusive product. The Indian telecom start-up has crafted innovation over technology based sculpture. In the official launch...
Hello crazyengineers members, I hope I'm posting this question on the correct thread. I want to start my own custom motorcycle project, and I want to use software to draw...
A wheel having 50 mm diameter and the shaft dia is 15 mm and length of the shaft is 75 mm.The width of the wheel is 20 mm.Please let me...
I wish to know whether we have any folks who have their starups running from colleges. Anyone? Tell us about your starup in this thread 😀