View Feed
group-icon
Mechanical
Community of Mechanical Engineers: Get help about everything related to mechanical engineering from fellow mechanical engineers.
803 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

Wanna know the difference b/w "Drive train and an Automobile"

HEY GUYS..!!!
i just want to know the difference between A DRIVE TRAIN & AN AUTOMOBILE.
Does any body have a clear idea about that..!!!😒
viky1147
viky1147 • Feb 6, 2012
Couldn't get your question properly
viky1147
Couldn't get your question properly
The question is what is the difference between
DRIVE TRAIN & AUTOMOBILE

have, any answer...?😖
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 6, 2012
From my limited mechanical engineering knowledge - the Drive train is the assembly that transfers power from engine to the wheels while automobile is the vehicle itself. 😨 Someone correct me please.
The_Big_K
From my limited mechanical engineering knowledge - the Drive train is the assembly that transfers power from engine to the wheels while automobile is the vehicle itself. 😨 Someone correct me please.
You are right. The term usually refers to a gear train used anywhere.
https://sourpuss.net/projects/lathe/drive.html
You are right BIG K.... But i need some reference to verify.....
Thank you Bioramani sir....
At last
"Drive train" is the transmission system ie. from engine to transmission.
where as an
"Automobile" is the whole thing which carries the drive train, chases, etc..
zaveri
zaveri • Apr 22, 2012
big k is right. drive train is the machinery which transmits power from an engine to the driven wheels and it consists of the clutch, the gear box and the propeller shaft with universal couplings.

as such a drive train is the linkage whose function is to transfer mechanical power from a prime mover to any driven machinery apart from automobiles.

as for "automobiles", it is a machine, which enables mobility of people or objects from one place to another.

note however that machines like bulldozers, road rollers do not fall under the category of automobiles

Share this content on your social channels -