Wanna know the difference b/w "Drive train and an Automobile"

HEY GUYS..!!!
i just want to know the difference between A DRIVE TRAIN & AN AUTOMOBILE.
Does any body have a clear idea about that..!!!😒

Replies

• viky1147
    viky1147
    Couldn't get your question properly
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    viky1147
    Couldn't get your question properly
    The question is what is the difference between
    DRIVE TRAIN & AUTOMOBILE

have, any answer...?😖
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From my limited mechanical engineering knowledge - the Drive train is the assembly that transfers power from engine to the wheels while automobile is the vehicle itself. 😨 Someone correct me please.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    From my limited mechanical engineering knowledge - the Drive train is the assembly that transfers power from engine to the wheels while automobile is the vehicle itself. 😨 Someone correct me please.
    You are right. The term usually refers to a gear train used anywhere.
    sourpuss.net
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    You are right BIG K.... But i need some reference to verify.....
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Thank you Bioramani sir....
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    At last
    "Drive train" is the transmission system ie. from engine to transmission.
    where as an
    "Automobile" is the whole thing which carries the drive train, chases, etc..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    big k is right. drive train is the machinery which transmits power from an engine to the driven wheels and it consists of the clutch, the gear box and the propeller shaft with universal couplings.

as such a drive train is the linkage whose function is to transfer mechanical power from a prime mover to any driven machinery apart from automobiles.

as for "automobiles", it is a machine, which enables mobility of people or objects from one place to another.

note however that machines like bulldozers, road rollers do not fall under the category of automobiles

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why are MNCs and startups asking for candidate PAN card details even before they interview the candidate? Is it legally required to share PAN card with them?
Network devices till now have been very loclised to the fucntionalities they perform. for example the L2 devices are called switches(MAC address) , L3 devices are called routers (IP routing),...
Duofete 12 is a National Level Technical Symposium organized by Panimalar Engineering College, Chennai. This symposium focuses on imparting technical understanding and expert knowledge to offer everything to conquer your...
this is an excerpt from one of the sites wherein it emphasizes about the depth and usage of instrumentation in the industrial field... ...Trace the roots of all significant automation...
ineed manual soluation to the problem in this book design and Analysis of Fault-Tolerant Digital Systems , W. Johnson can some one help me??