WAMP server not starting after uninstalling XAMPP from Windows 7

i am using wamp server for past 6 months in my system (windows 7, 64bit) but yesterday i install xampp server for some purpose but then i just uninstalled it (xampp)today without using it.

now i tired to open wamp server , but the server is not going green color its not starting.
what might the reason ?? can anyone help me fix this..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It could very well be a port related issue. Did you try changing the port for your apache or mysql?

Update: You may also try running httpd or httpd -e debug commands to start it as a program (and not a service).

I've found that most of the server not starting type issues are because of either invalid configuration and more so a port related issue in this specific case.
  • kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    may be , but i did not try yet. will try now. thanks..!
  • kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    i changed the port number from
    #Listen 12.34.56.78:80
    Listen 80

to

#Listen 12.34.56.78:82
    Listen 82

in apache's hhtpd.conf notepad file in wamp server
    but still the icon is in yellow color it doesnt turned green what should i do now?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Try 8080, then restart.

If that doesn't work-
    1. Try netstat -aon , then look for the entries that have :80 to indicate what's keeping port 80 engaged. (I'm assuming that you're running your server on port 80). Note the Process ID (PID).

2. Kill that process from Windows taskmanager.

3. If you have any software (messaging service) like Skype, Gtalk currently running; try changing the settings to make them use some other port.

I compiled following instructions from various sources. Haven't tried it all myself; but you may give this a try -

I think WAMP allows you to see if port 80's engaged: Select Apache -> Service -> Test Port 80.

Try : Select Apache -> Service -> Install Service if not already done.

Let me know if this works.
  • kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    thanks for ur solution,

but i tried some other solution given in this youtube,

it worked for me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like port was indeed the issue, right?
  • kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    yes.. exactly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

asokfair submitted a new project: RGB Star - Light up the Xmas Star in a Smart Way This is a simple project using Low power ARM controller.In this project the...
The winner of Mars One University competition will help in bringing life to Mars. Yes, you read it right! The competition organised by Mars One was aimed at selecting a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Supply chain risk investigation is one of the challenging issues in recent competitive environment. In particular, supply chain risks (SCR) for new and seasonal products...
Fondly called 'reincarnation of the netbook', the new laptop from ASUS is a tough competitor to Google Chromebook. The ASUS EeeBook X205 running Windows 8.1 operating system is said to...
I think almost every engineer who is not from CS/IT background will be asked this question by recruiters from software companies. I am an electrical engineer and when I was looking for...