Wafers handling robotics arms

Hi to all the forum members, my questions for this tread are correlated to the robotics arms for wafers like the robotics arms that are in this website:
#-Link-Snipped-#
1. why is so important to build very very accuracy robotics arms, Wafer Handling Systems , in the machines of semiconductors industry that arrive to 1 micro meter accuracy? in other words why the semiconductors industries invest a lot of money in research and development of very very accuracy robotics arms? and how it will make the chips for the CPU of the computers or smartphones better?
2. If the wafer that the robotics arm move was have 300 millimeters diameter and now the wafer diameter enlarge to 450 millimeters so the wafer became to be heavier and bigger so what need to change in the robotics arm for wafers with 300 millimeters diameters that it will continue to be very very accuracy also for wafers with 450 millimeters diameter?

I think, but I am not sure, maybe the answer can be correlated also to very very accuracy machines productions or Hard Disk Drivers that are also very very accuracy.
I also will be happy to receive from the forum members links to article websites or relevant books like from google books or relevant lectures like from youtube education that are correlated to these questions, thank you.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today was a momentous day for Indian smartphone market as three regional players Spice, Karbonn and Micromax unveiled their Android One smartphones. Micromax’s offering has been named as Canvas A1...
I see most forums have a chat room for forum members. Is there one on CE that I somehow was not able to find? If there is not one, is...
HII GUYS I HAVE QUERRY .PLEASE SOLVE IT. I AM NOT ABLE TO ABLE UPLOAD HOD CERTIFICATE. ITS SHOWING THIS ERROR ""Upload failed! File uploaded is not as per specification.""...
Let us share the work that we are currently working on- of course not something that is about to get published or something your company would not want you to...
Since I am on a different time zone than most other CEans, I would like to have a daily statistic of how many CEans are online at what time of...