Volkswagen Polo ALLSTAR Special Edition Unveiled - Top Features At A Glance

Volkswagen has recently released a new special edition Polo hatchback in India just before the onset of festive season. The new Polo ALLSTAR has a few additions inspired from Ameo, but maintains fidelity to the standard Polo. Once on Indian asphalt, the hatchback shall offer stiff competition to the likes of Maruti Suzuki India To Launch Revamped Baleno In Diwali 2015, Hyundai Elite i20 Gets Infotainment System Starting July 2015 and New Honda Jazz Teaser Video Released Ahead Of July 2015 Launch. As the car has already been listed on the company website, we can expect the launch anytime soon.

The Polo ALLSTAR edition is available on the top-end Highline variant, and even gets the silky blue paint coat that is very popular on Ameo. Another prominent change in the exterior are the new alloy wheels. With the same 85/65 R15 configuration, these are 15-inch diamond cut alloy wheels that even feature a multi-spoke design. Buyers can even spot the ALLSTAR badging on the B-pillars and scuff plates. Apart from Blue Silk, the color options on this car are Reflex Silver, Candy White, Flash Red and Toffy Brown. Copper Orange and Carbon Steel schemes on Polo have not been incorporated on ALLSTAR.

volkswagen polo allstar

There are significant changes done on the interior. As in Ameo, Polo has designed a front-center armrest for ALLSTAR along with storage and rear-AC vents (second car to have rear-AC vents after Hyundai i20). In addition to these, the car has aluminium paddles, new seat upholstery and ALLSTAR-branded sill plates.

polo allstar interior

The hatchback comes in both petrol and diesel engine variants. The ALLSTAR draws power from a 1.2-litre petrol engine (75 PS peak power and 110Nm torque) or a 1.5-litre diesel engine (90PS peak power and 230Nm torque). Both these engines are meshed to a five-speed manual transmission.

The company as yet has not breathed out anything about ALLSTAR's price, but we expect it to be slightly higher than the top-end Highline Polo DT model, so a rough estimate would be about INR 7.5 Lacs for the petrol version and about INR 9 Lacs for the diesel version.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    I believe this is one of the unnecessary cosmetic changes to add value to their brand.
    In my perception first Volkswagen must concentrate more to develop their service centers. So that at least they could retain their existing customers.
    Because it would be a nightmare to find the reliable service center's across the cities.

PS: I am having a VW polo..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The holidays are over and Intex Technologies is back in business with a new smartphone. The Intex Aqua S2 is one of the cheapest smartphones in the market to feature...
Intel’s self-styled drone, Falcon 8+ is first of its kind commercial drone designed for commercial uses as- inspection, surveying, and mapping. It can effectively achieve speeds up to 35 miles...
A significant prosthesis or a medical technology equipment – undecided as of now as the movement towards achieving a human muscle-like robot is in its nascent stage. Being an open...
While the latest year’s second-half flagship device from Chinese consumer electronics company Huawei is accepting the final touches in the greenroom, there’s no harm to have a sneak peek! Mate...
Looks like the trends are changing and once hot favorite engineering branch of all would-be engineering students, computer science is no longer 'cool'. Surprisingly, more students are now opting for...