Voice operated mail system using asp.net

I am trying to make the project on voice operated mail system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it.

please tell me the way to solve my problem so that i can do my project.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Varun. The first step in beginning work on your project is to determine the functionality you wish to achieve and make a list of the features you wish to include in your voice operated mail system. From the title, I can make a few guesses like the system will allow you to issue commands to the mailbox like "open first unread email", "mark all messages are read", "archive top 4 messages", "search for email from Varun", "check for new messages" etc.

Let us know if that's correct. Also, are you familiar with asp.net? Do you have any experience of coding in ASP? If not, the the first step would be to start learning the basics of ASP and .Net. You'll need some knowledge of how voice processing works and what are the interfaces (check for open source ones) that you can use for your project.

Get started. We've very talented CEans here who will help you in your project. Keep us posted about your progress.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    #-Link-Snipped-# : What are other platforms for writing such an application?(c++,java ,c#)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    grsalvi
    #-Link-Snipped-# : What are other platforms for writing such an application?(c++,java ,c#)
    The backend and the front end will be handled by different languages / scripts. I believe Java , PHP , Ruby would do great on the server side while Javascript+HTML+CSS would do the trick for the front end.
  • Varun gupta
    Varun gupta
    The_Big_K
    Welcome to CE, Varun. The first step in beginning work on your project is to determine the functionality you wish to achieve and make a list of the features you wish to include in your voice operated mail system. From the title, I can make a few guesses like the system will allow you to issue commands to the mailbox like "open first unread email", "mark all messages are read", "archive top 4 messages", "search for email from Varun", "check for new messages" etc.

Let us know if that's correct. Also, are you familiar with asp.net? Do you have any experience of coding in ASP? If not, the the first step would be to start learning the basics of ASP and .Net. You'll need some knowledge of how voice processing works and what are the interfaces (check for open source ones) that you can use for your project.

Get started. We've very talented CEans here who will help you in your project. Keep us posted about your progress.
    Thank you for your such suggestion and it make me feel more comfotable but i would like to know is that possible to convert a mail system into voice operated mail system easily by using the class present in asp.net or it needed some other coding.

And is there any issue if I add SMTP in it like it has to be uploaded on net or any other.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In model sim, when I compile a program of d-ff, the output does not match when I change the inputs value with respect to clk edge. It shows the correct...
So, I watched this movie yesterday named "Oh My God", and its a hindi adaption of "The man who sued God". Though the movie is not that good in itself,...
I've been hearing lot of positive reviews of the movie 'English Vinglish'. The movie seems to be a story of a simple, middle-class lady from Maharashtra (her name is Sashi...
So I was thinking if we can have home security system powered by NFC. The near field communication technology is being rapidly adopted in the mobile phones and being primarily...
The logo of the upcoming conference on 'Science and Non Duality' caught my attention - The conference has been scheduled between October 24th-28th, 2012 at San Rafael, California and May...