Vodafone Files Case Against Dhaval Valia For This Facebook Wall Status Message

Vodafone has filed a case against one of their customers, Dhaval Valia for posting the following message on his Facebook wall -

“Finally got Vodafone to admit that across Mumbai they have only 50% cell sites on 3G. Spoke to CEO (chief executive officer) and CMO (chief marketing officer). Told them that this is blatant cheating.
CMO in typical babu style told me if you aren’t happy with service, you have choice to move to another operator. I told I choose to stay with Vodafone and give them grief if I don’t get promised SLAs. Grudgingly he made 2 months 3G plan free worth 2500.“ (sic).”

The company has asked Valia to remove the comment from his FB wall and stop spreading ill-will against the company. The company sent notice for “false allegations“, “defamatory statement on social networking website Facebook“, sending “unneeded and unwarranted text messages to the company’s senior officers“, having “heated conversation“ with a “senior female officer“, “threatening“ the company, posting the “names and contact details“ of two senior Vodafone officers who have been getting calls from the “public at large“ and “facing mental trauma and torture“ due to Valia’s “intentional and mischievous conduct“.

What's your take on Vodafone's legal notice to the customer? Of course, the facts would reveal the truth about claims made by both parties. But should a company send legal notice to a frustrated customer?

Also, why don't we see customers filing case against company for not keeping their promises?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    what about mental trauma what customers face :-|, we arenot grasshoppers to keep jumping from one service provider to another. I arent with Vodafone
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember BSNL promised me 3.1 Mbps speed but I never got anything 'real' beyond 100 kbps at the max. Also there were frequent disconnections. The mental trauma that I went through (during the critical times) is far more than any BSNL officer has ever faced. Vodafone should have talked to the user and solved his queries.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    .. and my SP did this to me - my balance was low and I constantly got messages from the SP saying I dont have balance to conenct to internet, when I called up, They asked me switch off my mobile connection to internet :-s. I did that and recharged , now its been ages since I was able to use my internet connection. It just doesnto work. I asked for settings- they said they did not have to HTC and will tell me the steps, I said OK. I did all what they told and nothing happened. then I called up , the guy on the other side of phone said -" we will send you settings - we have them", i said do what ever you think you have.
    Later, my phone connection itself went off with me doing nothing with phone settings, they confused me with IVR and human explainations , asked me to change SIM , phone and what not and finally I shouted at them . They asked my details everytime I call them. Then i got another call saying- the connection needs 3 working days to be fixed and I called them up on friday :-s.
    I shouted at top of my voice ( i think i abused as well) and waited for another week to get the connection fixed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mechanical fingers mimic nature without electronics Mechanical fingers mimic nature without electronics | News | The Engineer Look, mom, no electronics! Just a marvel of mechanical ingenuity.
WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) 2011 was held on May 22. Now after the exam and before result, students are looking for Solution of this Exam Papers. After Searching...
After a month, I am planning to buy a 32 inch led tv, currently I am using Samsung ultra slim flat screen tv. I bought it two years back &...
Eric Schmidt, said at the D9 conference organized by AllThingsD that “Google’s search could be improved with access to Facebook’s data about Web surfers’ friends and acquaintances,” “We tried very...
Could anyone suggest the best book for learning Javascript?