VLC 2.2 'WeatherWax' Brings Add-On Manager

In testing branch of version 2.2 of VLC codenamed 'WeatherWax', the new feature 'Add On Manager' is being merged. This add-on manager will let you download extensions & skins right from the media player, leaving all those manual mess behind.

Below is few screenshots :
vlc vlc3 vlc2
If you'd like to compile & test this feature : GitHub - VideoLan

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope to have a stunning skin for VLC. By the way, how many of us here loved the Jet Audio? I think it's no doubt the best audio player (output wise) ever produced.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Once I used to play only on JetAudio but since long time I am using VLC for all video and windows media player for audio. It's my observation windows media player produces best audio on PC.
    I am looking for a VLC minimal skin just like popup player without any border or control and get the control on hover. 😒
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I like VLC because the number of format it supports. It just plays everything. I'll have to try out the equaliser settings on VLC to see if I can get the best audio.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think VLC still doen't rupport .rm (Real Media files), I use K-lite mega pack and associate with windows media player and run any file without any hussle.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Prem Kalevar submitted a new project: Minuum - The smarter, smaller keyboard that lets you do more with your screen space. Try Minuum for FREE for 30 days. MINUUM -...
Hexoskin submitted a new project: Hexoskin - The first wearable movement, respiration, and heart activity tracker. - Open data shirt with bio sensors Track your health with this Open Data,...
Microsoft Build Conference 2014 has witnessed the launch of Nokia's latest flagship smartphone - Nokia Lumia 930. Rumors of this phone were around for some time and yesterday, the tech...
After the launch of Windows Phone 8.1 OS at the Microsoft’s Build Developers Conference 2014, Nokia unveiled its three new budget-friendly smartphones – Lumia 630, 635 and Lumia 930 featuring...
With just one week left for the availability of Samsung’s much-awaited Galaxy S5, the specs details of its younger brother - Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini have been leaked. Sammobile claims...