Vista visual C++ incompatibility

hello friends ,
I have a labtop which is vista based . visual c++ is not compatible with it . Is this problem can be sort out..

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    Re: problem with vista

you have to install borland software for C++ in vista.........visual C++ is not compatible to it.....
  • sunit.soni
    sunit.soni

yadavundertaker
    you have to install borland software for C++ in vista.........visual C++ is not compatible to it.....
    can i install xp over vista because visual c++ is compatible with xp.??
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale

yap, Visual Studio C++ will run on Vista but will likely have a few compatibility issues

1) As 32 bit vista does not support full screen 16 bit plarforms(like c/c++) and not at all suportable by 64 bit vista.
    2) One of the major problems was vista didn’t support the Full Screen mode.

#-Link-Snipped-#

i don't know it will work or not but i found this on net try this

install the display drivers of XP,
    that can be found at the site of the manufacturer of your Laptop/PC(in some cases graphics card manufacturer).
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit

mahesh_dahale
    yap, Visual Studio C++ will run on Vista but will likely have a few compatibility issues

1) As 32 bit vista does not support full screen 16 bit plarforms(like c/c++) and not at all suportable by 64 bit vista.
    2) One of the major problems was vista didn’t support the Full Screen mode.

#-Link-Snipped-#

i don't know it will work or not but i found this on net try this

install the display drivers of XP,
    that can be found at the site of the manufacturer of your Laptop/PC(in some cases graphics card manufacturer).

you can't use the XP drivers in vista....drivers are operating sensible........
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit

sunit.soni
    ya you can install ...but first you have to install xp and then vista of you want to work on both....because on vista you can't boot xp as vista is higher operating version of window...........
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale

sunit.soni
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit

mahesh_dahale
    #-Link-Snipped-#

don't you think there are too many steps .............and for a mechanzie they are out of reach....so follow the simple first install xp and then in other drive install the vista..........."make things simple" that's the motto of mechanical engineers.........
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale

yadavundertaker
    don't you think there are too many steps .............and for a mechanzie they are out of reach....so follow the simple first install xp and then in other drive install the vista..........."make things simple" that's the motto of mechanical engineers.........
    ya it is easy to install xp first
    but he asked for that so i answer

and about xp driver install
    i don't know it will work or not but i found this on net
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit

mahesh_dahale
    ya it is easy to install xp first
    but he asked for that so i answer

and about xp driver install
    i don't know it will work or not but i found this on net

i have DELL INSPIRON desktop which had vista installed from company.........i tried all the way but i was unable to run turbo C so i install xp and then vista.......and the drivers don't support the other operating system.. when you go to DELL site to download drivers you have to mention which operating system you are using to download them........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi... We want toe design a boat which is chargeable with a solar panel. The allowed rating is 12volts. We want to use a solar engine which consists of chargeable...
Which is the best Institute for Mtech In Biotechnolgy in India ? I've completed my Btech in BioTechnolgy and need suggestions for higher education plans in BT! Also need details...
Im a student trying to go about a project idea, a temperature based car security sytem, i need help on how to go about it.
Hey I heard from my friend that Acer is going to launch Acer 5738 PzG. I heard it’s a Multi-touch laptop.😁 Is it true? Is it going to be gamer...
sir, i wish to know if accelerometer measures the direction(acceleration or retardation to be precise) as well. if yes can we use it to measure acceleration and retardation of two...