Virus problem: VGEN/24468.512

I use free 'avira antivirus'. i made a c++ programme for sorting of an array. When i used merge sort algo, .exe file was not being created due to a virus "VGEN/24468.512" no such problem occured when i used other algos .can anybody please explain with a reason....??

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    megha chhabra
    I use free 'avira antivirus'. i made a c++ programme for sorting of an array. When i used merge sort algo, .exe file was not being created due to a virus "VGEN/24468.512" no such problem occured when i used other algos .can anybody please explain with a reason....??
    Hi megha,

Very strange problem. Anyways, I can only say try to create your program again in separate file and yes first delete that .exe file. I guess there should be no connection of merge algo with Virus. If possible do share your program here. Have you tried to run your program on any other system?

Thanks
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    hii megha
    hmmm try to disable ur antivirus and then after execution u can re-enable it hope this might help 😀
  • syp246
    syp246
    i have the same problem ,i wrote a progarm in C++,while compling it avira blocks it stating its a vgen virus.............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceian, i am doing a project that contains a bar code reader that reads the barcode from a product and the transfer it to a PIC microcontroller that will...
Hello! I want to know if someone uses the Google Sketchup in your Mechanical projects and what's your impression (pro and cons) on this software. Thanks.
This is something iv come across while reading some friends blog some new innovation by one of indian student doing phd. in U S A. have look on this URL...
I am an electrical engineering student. I studied about magnetic circuits and transformers recently in one of my departmental courses. I want to find out if I can implement this...
Hi! I have an assignment that I need some help with, I hope this is the right place for it. I'm completely new to this kinda thing and I've spent...