View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
megha chhabra
megha chhabra • Mar 25, 2009

Virus problem: VGEN/24468.512

I use free 'avira antivirus'. i made a c++ programme for sorting of an array. When i used merge sort algo, .exe file was not being created due to a virus "VGEN/24468.512" no such problem occured when i used other algos .can anybody please explain with a reason....??
shalini_goel14
shalini_goel14 • Mar 25, 2009
megha chhabra
I use free 'avira antivirus'. i made a c++ programme for sorting of an array. When i used merge sort algo, .exe file was not being created due to a virus "VGEN/24468.512" no such problem occured when i used other algos .can anybody please explain with a reason....??
Hi megha,

Very strange problem. Anyways, I can only say try to create your program again in separate file and yes first delete that .exe file. I guess there should be no connection of merge algo with Virus. If possible do share your program here. Have you tried to run your program on any other system?

Thanks
saurabh2486
saurabh2486 • Aug 4, 2009
hii megha
hmmm try to disable ur antivirus and then after execution u can re-enable it hope this might help 😀
syp246
syp246 • Sep 1, 2011
i have the same problem ,i wrote a progarm in C++,while compling it avira blocks it stating its a vgen virus.............

Share this content on your social channels -