virus in my c:/ drive

I have a problem of virus in my C drive.
so i cant delet afected files..so what should i do ??
Do i need to format my PC?
plz help me out...๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Formatting would be the last option. What about your anti-virus? Get a copy of AVAST anti-virus. It should solve your problem.

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    NOD32 rocks my comp ๐Ÿ˜€
    Post-installation scan will take out all virii in your memory. THen run the .exe and take out all the baddies off your hdd.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    NOD32 rocks my comp ๐Ÿ˜€
    Post-installation scan will take out all virii in your memory. THen run the .exe and take out all the baddies off your hdd.
    Have you tried AVAST? If yes, how does it compare with NOD32?

-The Big K-
  • mahul
    mahul
    biggie i recently found out a virus that runs a process wscntf.exe which my version of avast couldn't detect but nod32 did. i dunno if other version/copies can clean this up but i have this feeling that nod32 works better
  • musiclife
    musiclife
    simple way is to get a copy of norten free antivirous and scan or otherwise tell me name of that virous;-)
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    The_Big_K
    Have you tried AVAST? If yes, how does it compare with NOD32?

-The Big K-
    I have tried Avast, heres my take -

1. Updates are frequent on NOD
    2. It takes care of around 98% of my problems. The other 2% I take care of my Spybot S&D, frequent registry and msconfig stints
    3. Avast was good, but NOD is way lighter
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    I'm using symantec endpoint protection. I guess it is better than avast. Along with symantec, am also using Malware antibytes... With these two, situation is just ok ๐Ÿ˜ Virus free!

Regards
  • krunal_p
    krunal_p
    Use any Live OS Linux CD,

Boot from that disk and Explore your C drive.

Delete virus file from System32 directory.
  • moksh
    moksh
    i tried up a new one called combo fix

scanned my computer well and the logs created are excellent ,you can overview your entire system
  • callyD
    callyD
    I personally use nod32 in my laptop and used Kaspesky in my desktop. If evrything fails to remove the virus, you can always reformat the drive and re-install.
  • omeshkalra
    omeshkalra
    try mcaffee
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    Why this 3 year old thread was bumped?
  • ramkumar.j
    ramkumar.j
    dear rutuja gogte
    If u get virus in c drive, u cant do anything. u cant delete the virus also. so, u must format the c drive. otherwise the virus ll be spreaded to other drives. so format as soon as possible.
    bye

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone, this is my first post on CE. i am currently a final year student of Computer Science Engineering. i hope i have made a good decision by joining...
can anyone tell me about lotus notes software
Hello, I am a fisrt year IT student and I want to master my self in programming. I am really confused ... please help me..... actually I want to know...
With all the different CAT coaching classes coming up with different cut offs for CAT, so even we CEans should declare our cut offs. CE cut offs for CAT (1...
September 2007 brought a fresh new lease of life to the game of Cricket with the awesome innovation of the Twenty 20 which is all about hit, hit and hit...