VirtualBox Hypervisor

plz tell me how to compile VirtualBox source code..

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    What host platform are you working on? That is, is your host computer running some distro of Linux? Or OSX on a Mac? Or Windows?

I used to compile VirtualBox years ago on my #-Link-Snipped-# host, though I haven't done it in years because it's already compiled for me now.

If you are running Linux (or OSX, I think), the GCC compiler and GNU tools are already installed. So if you've already downloaded the source code, you can probably compile it with the standard three commands (installation must be done as root):
    configure
    make
    make install
    If you only have a Windows host, you'll have to get compiler and tools first. #-Link-Snipped-# is probably the best choice for this. (Ordinarily I recommend Cygwin for anyone who uses Windows, but if you just want to compile one stand-alone application like VirtualBox, MinGW would probably be easier.)
  • kanikagoyal05
    kanikagoyal05
    thanx a lot sir gor your response.i installed minGW on windows host and try to open .cpp files but could not opened,plz tell me how to open

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi folks, I would like to know the reasons behind why Objective C is not used widely. And why it has been used by Apple. Why the leading mobile technology...
It looks like the latest fad among the robotics enthusiasts is to control the real, living creatures using sophisticated electronics. We wrote about RoboRoach - the robotic cockroach that would...
All the major electronics companies around the world have been going bullish on the 4K ultra-HD displays. Samsung's recently announced Note III is capable of capturing videos in 4K resolution...
Please can anybody explain how the frequency of a communication signal affect its propagation range?
Hi friends doing my M.E project on reconfiguration of radial distribution network for that first step is to find load flow in radial distribution network can any body help me...