Virtual Speech for Vocally Challenged People

Project Abstract / Summary : The motto of this project is to provide a solution for the vocally challenged people to communicate as of like normal people. This methodology involves recognition of hand muscle movements accurately and integrates with the microcontroller[ LinkIt ONE Board]. The wearable-technology Myo Arm Band is used to recognize different hand motions based on the muscle movement. The electrical signals are produced according to the muscle movement in Myo Arm Band thus the signals will be transmitted to the LinkIt ONE Board accordingly. The LinkIt ONE Board, in turn plays the voice in consonance with the muscle movement which are previously stored in cloud/memory card. It contains different prerecorded voices for different gestures in its memory unit. The voice can be heard through the speaker/headphone which is connected to the LinkIt ONE Board and it can be understood by the normal people! Thus, the communication barrier, which is prevailing between vocally challenged people and normal people can be bridged!!

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : In the present scenario, the normal people and vocally challenged people find it difficult to communicate with each other. As an Engineer, I wanted to solve this problem. So, I chose to work on this project to eradicate the communication barrier, which is prevailing between vocally challenged people and normal people completely!

Project Highlights : Since, our project is of great social concern and since this is our very own innovative idea, which is not implemented by anyone so far, I feel that our project has the better chance of winning the contest!

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Easwari Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Tech major, Lava, recently unveiled a new entry-level smart phone Lava P7 that comes with a 5-inch display with a Corning Gorilla glass protection and a 5MP camera for...
Resultant is along + y axis answers are theta= 36.87 degrees and resultant = 80 N. Please help me to solve it i used all my brain power lol. Thx...
Scientists from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) have joined hands with the University of California, Berkeley to weave the first three-dimensional covalent organic...
Earlier this week, American aerospace manufacturer and defence industry company Orbital ATK tested a 3D-printed hypersonic engine combustor at NASA’s Langley Research Center in Virginia. It has been an eventful...
what are thecomponents needed for solar based electric fence?