Virgin Galactic 'Space Ship Two' Crashes, White Knight Returns Safely

Virgin Galactic spaceship, called 'Space Ship Two' crashed during a test flight in the Mojave desert in California. The carrier craft, called the White Knight however has landed safely. The crash was so fatal that one of the pilots died on the spot while the other is seriously injured.

Virgin Galactic is a company started by the British billionaire Sir Richard Branson. Virgin Galactic partnered with Scaled Composits, a company started by Burt Rutan (Burt Rutan : The Race for Space (year 2008)).

So far the reason for the crash is not known. Over 800 people have already paid for the flight to space and the list includes celebrities. I think this accident will be a major set back for the company's plans to launch the commercial space flight.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bot driving skills tested by a shrewd arena! Take on this challenge to experience the most extreme difficulties faced in driving a remote controlled bot. Are you ready to face...
Facebook and anonymity have never gone hand-in-hand. A social networking website always needs access to your personal information in order to offer you its services. Facebook has been trying to...
I am trying to make this automatic rain cover system that extends a shade for my dog, when it is raining, but there is some electrode shown in the circuit...
Samsung has been constantly criticised for its done-to-death plastic designs. Samsung fanatics find it difficult to distinguish between Galaxy Grand and Galaxy S IV from couple of feet away. Considering...
Q:-1)Is there any difference between Void getdata(void) and void getdata() in c++??? Q:-2)In C, void display()-empty parantheses implies any number of argument.this is also true in c++??? pls reply