video processing

Hello friends,
I am a new crazy engineer.Can any one help me in my final year project which is related to video processing.
project details:
  • In this project the output of camera which is in PAL/NTSC format has to be converted in to analog or digital form and should be given to data acquisition system
For e.g.:
Suppose we have to measure displacement, for this purpose a bullet camera is connected in near the place where a displacement has to be measured. Also a LVDT is placed to measure displacement. Now the displacement video (along with audio) which is captured by CAM has to be recorded by DAQ due which we need conversion. Once the conversion takes place it is compared with the signal that is obtained through sensor. The main purpose of project is to monitor the structural component behavior and to correlate the same with the sensor.
More information of this can be seen on Dewetron website.

Camera

Converter

Computer

Data acquisition system

Sensor

Project Details:
  • In this project the output of camera which is in PAL/NTSC format has to be converted in to analog or digital form and should be given to data acquisition system
For e.g.:
Suppose we have to measure displacement, for this purpose a bullet camera is connected in near the place where a displacement has to be measured. Also a LVDT is placed to measure displacement. Now the displacement video (along with audio) which is captured by CAM has to be recorded by DAQ due which we need conversion. Once the conversion takes place it is compared with the signal that is obtained through sensor. The main purpose of project is to monitor the structural component behavior and to correlate the same with the sensor.
  • Also a camera recorder is available with the company having AVout port which can be used directly.
Model –PDR 100
ChaseCam Rugged Video Recorders
  • Other part of project is triggering of sensor and dig cam at the same time.

Queries that I have:
  • Is this type of conversion possible?
  • Which software’s/hardware can be used?
  • Also are there any sites that you know where can I find information?
  • What is the approach that I should take?

Project Details:
For e.g.:
  • Also a camera recorder is available with the company having AVout port which can be used directly.
Model –PDR 100
ChaseCam Rugged Video Recorders
  • Other part of project is triggering of sensor and dig cam at the same time.
Queries that I have:
  • Is this type of conversion possible?
  • Which software’s/hardware can be used?
  • Also are there any sites that you know where can I find information?
  • What is the approach that I should take?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Posting the same thread in different sections seldom helps. Please wait for others to respond to your query.
  • kamskans
    kamskans
    My Final year project also involved Video processing. Ok i feel that Matlab should be an ideal problem which should help you a lot. Try looking at the Matlab functions and Mat lab forums.All the Best for the project.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI My turn to twist ur brains..Answer this simple question.. You and 2 other people have numbers written on your foreheads. You are all told that the numbers on your...
I plan on getting a motor and controlling it with pulse width modulation. I noticed some motors don't function that well when the frequency of the PWM is too high...
hello...... i m final year student of branch mechanical.......suggest me the topic for project. which is cheep and best .plz i canot think about my topic.plz help me.
Name: Lock-Os *Engineering Trade: Mechanical Location: Pittsburgh, PA *Occupation: Student at Penn State University Work Experience: None *Hobbies & Interests: Scale Models, Blacksmithing, Anime, Military History, Taking things apart &...
========================================================================================= The 3rd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (iCBBE2009) Call for Papers Beijing, China June 11-13, 2009 ======================================================================================== Within iCBBE 2009, there are two special sessions: Special...