vehicle running on battery and engine.

hiiii. this is mechanical engg. student. i wanna build hybrid vehicle which would run on battery as well as engine. i want it to run on battery first till it attains 35 km/hr and then on engine. how to make mechanical arrangement to switch from motor to engine? i do not want to use electronics at all in my project.
please help..............

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I am guessing when you state you do not want electronics in the car you only mean the switching over of power, as any hybrid car using batteries will have to have electronics. =) You will need a transmission to couple over to electric motor power through a gearbox into the main drive shaft or use hub mounted electric motors then all you would need is to put the engine's transmission into neutral. The tricky part would be abapting a speed control system to match rates of speed between the two systems. This would require electronics. Otherwise you are stopping to switch over.
  • nany_mech
    nany_mech
    very good idea there..!

With out using electronics means we have to depend on the forces that will change accordingly with speed, remember the concept of mechanical automatic transmission which works only on the speed variation of the shaft. Similarly we can use the speed variation to have our design, but the problem is during the time of shifting from battery power to mechanical, the shaft of the driving wheels need to be exactly matched with the speed of the IC engine.

To achieve this even though we are running on battery for instantaneous change our IC engine also should run at same speed to produce 35 KMPH.

If we use electronics, we can have real time solution for this. Since you don't wanna use electronics in your design, I don't want to overstep the your concept..!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir iam from 3rd year of mechanical. i want to give seminar on fuel cell vehicle. can anybody tell me the detailed information with chemical reaction of any kind of...
Will I reduce the battery life of the laptop if I continue to plug it in the wall even when it reaches 100% ? Should I remove the battery when...
hello everyone. This is priyadharsan, Mechanical Engg. Im struggling to start designing a blower system, hope i ll find a idea/solution to start and finish it up soon. here it...
"F" My Life!! What's your confession of the day? Did anything bad happened to you and for what you don't give a damn?? Post it here. Idea originated when I...
hi frnds i am an final year electrical student, plzzz somebody suggest me some projects and seminar topics