View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12762 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kasif_crzy1
Kasif_crzy1 • Jan 8, 2009

Vehicle passage on roads can be used to charge street light on battery?

Dear all,
in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action under the road with continious vehicle passage and this can drive some kind of fly wheel which can drive a dynamo either to light up the street light or charge the batterys for same /////or may be some kind of silicon material can directly convert this load jerk to electrical power which can atleast charge the batteries for public sectors......is it possible or already some one doing it.....
jignesah.j
jignesah.j • Jan 9, 2009
Thats a good think
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 9, 2009
Kasif_crzy1
Dear all,
in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action under the road with continious vehicle passage and this can drive some kind of fly wheel which can drive a dynamo either to light up the street light or charge the batterys for same /////or may be some kind of silicon material can directly convert this load jerk to electrical power which can atleast charge the batteries for public sectors......is it possible or already some one doing it.....
Boy! That IS some seriously crazy thinking! I think of a mechanism that would be similar to the old sewing machine [the one with peddle and wheels].

Let's expand on this wonderful idea! 😀
vinaynitdgp
vinaynitdgp • Jan 15, 2009
the more practical thing would be using some kind of piezioelectric material which directly convert
stress energy into electric current
in some countries like japan they use it too
gohm
gohm • Jan 18, 2009
how about solar charged battery back up?
raj87verma88
raj87verma88 • Jan 20, 2009
I would go with Vinay's idea of using a piezoelectric materials that convert stress energy to electric energy.
birendra
birendra • Jan 28, 2009
:sshhh:well i wanna have a detailed discussion on this topic & if any 1 interested ; he is most welcome.😒
icefreak
icefreak • Feb 4, 2009
how will it b possible to keep a piezoelectric material on the road without gettin damaged
Ashraf HZ
Ashraf HZ • Feb 4, 2009
I'm not too fond with piezoelectric stuff being used on roads, but we should still pursue trying to convert the kinetic energy of the vehicles if we really want to utilize them when they are passing by.

Looking at other aspects such as sound or wind wont produce much output, especially if car manufacturers aim to reduce acoustical and drag their cars 😉
dhruvpandit
dhruvpandit • Feb 5, 2009
cool idea but not for Indian roads where the municipality is use to to break road for BSNL or drainage.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 5, 2009
dhruvpandit
cool idea but not for Indian roads where the municipality is use to to break road for BSNL or drainage.
Discussions happen here aren't India specific.
silverscorpion
silverscorpion • Feb 5, 2009
@leema : hey, dont advertise here. Do not spam this thread.. I saw the same post in another thread too. Mods.. where are you?
moindbit
moindbit • Feb 9, 2009
Well after all this the main question here is will this be economical ???
i guess solar powered street lights have already occupied the market

Share this content on your social channels -