Vehicle passage on roads can be used to charge street light on battery?

Dear all,
in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action under the road with continious vehicle passage and this can drive some kind of fly wheel which can drive a dynamo either to light up the street light or charge the batterys for same /////or may be some kind of silicon material can directly convert this load jerk to electrical power which can atleast charge the batteries for public sectors......is it possible or already some one doing it.....

Replies

• jignesah.j
    jignesah.j
    Thats a good think
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kasif_crzy1
    Dear all,
    in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action under the road with continious vehicle passage and this can drive some kind of fly wheel which can drive a dynamo either to light up the street light or charge the batterys for same /////or may be some kind of silicon material can directly convert this load jerk to electrical power which can atleast charge the batteries for public sectors......is it possible or already some one doing it.....
    Boy! That IS some seriously crazy thinking! I think of a mechanism that would be similar to the old sewing machine [the one with peddle and wheels].

Let's expand on this wonderful idea! 😀
  • vinaynitdgp
    vinaynitdgp
    the more practical thing would be using some kind of piezioelectric material which directly convert
    stress energy into electric current
    in some countries like japan they use it too
  • gohm
    gohm
    how about solar charged battery back up?
  • coolsank
    coolsank
    awesome ideas.....googled and found some more..

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I would go with Vinay's idea of using a piezoelectric materials that convert stress energy to electric energy.
  • birendra
    birendra
    :sshhh:well i wanna have a detailed discussion on this topic & if any 1 interested ; he is most welcome.😒
  • icefreak
    icefreak
    how will it b possible to keep a piezoelectric material on the road without gettin damaged
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm not too fond with piezoelectric stuff being used on roads, but we should still pursue trying to convert the kinetic energy of the vehicles if we really want to utilize them when they are passing by.

Looking at other aspects such as sound or wind wont produce much output, especially if car manufacturers aim to reduce acoustical and drag their cars 😉
  • dhruvpandit
    dhruvpandit
    cool idea but not for Indian roads where the municipality is use to to break road for BSNL or drainage.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dhruvpandit
    cool idea but not for Indian roads where the municipality is use to to break road for BSNL or drainage.
    Discussions happen here aren't India specific.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    @leema : hey, dont advertise here. Do not spam this thread.. I saw the same post in another thread too. Mods.. where are you?
  • moindbit
    moindbit
    Well after all this the main question here is will this be economical ???
    i guess solar powered street lights have already occupied the market

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anybody suggest me the code for changing the form shape in vb 6.0
Satyam scam, India's biggest corporate scam so far, has making headlines everywhere! I want to know there whereabouts of the mastermind behind the scam, Ramalinga Raju. Satyam says he's not...
Okay, here's the news I knew would come out. Post the biggest corporate fraud in India, there are predictions that Satyam computers may lay off 10,000 of its employees. Satyam...
I am a small business entrepreneur dealing in garments. I want to expand my business and looking for some guidance and help. Thanks in advance.
I am doing a project on controlling computer mouse through eye movement. In my project, I have to take digital images of the eyes at regular intervals of time and...