Vehicle Number Portability

While Mobile Number Portability is getting attention from the media, there are talks going on about 'Vehicle Number Portability'. MNP is a technology that allows subscribers to change their network provider while keeping their number. Vehicle Number Portability would operate the similar lines.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Vehicle Number Portability

VNP would allow vehicle users to switch their vehicles while keeping their RTO vehicle registered number the same. This service would require new technology to be implemented in the registration offices. I believe it could be a wonderful topic for all engineering students to work on. It would ease RTO's workload and also keep customers happy that they'll be able to retain their vehicle numbers. It'd especially be a treat to those who believe in numerology. However it would be interesting to carry out research on how the technology will help in identifying unique vehicles and their owners.

The Ministry of Road Transport has issued an advisory issued to all state governments with direction that a person can retain the same combination of letters and numbers if he/ she wish to do so.

What's your take on Vehicle Number Portability?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Staying 19 kilometers away from the college is a pain and studying in a college which demands 75%+ attendance serves as makes it worse. I am presently in my 3rd...
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a term which I believe is hard to miss if one has anything to do with any business process. Otherwise also any person who...
Sony Bravia BX300 is one of the popular LCD TVs in India. The 32" LCD packs interesting features and technology and claims to redefine your TV viewing. In addition, the...
HCL Me Netbook AE1V1063-X is an affordable and lightweight computer and I'm sure many engineering students would prefer it for their studies. The term 'Netbook' is relatively new to the...
I personally prefer console based games more than PC games simply because of the wide display that we get on HD TVs and the remote controls which offer a better...