VAWT Wind Pump

Hey all,

I am thinking of doing a project on wind pumping system using VAWT. But can I combine water pumping and electricity generation using the same system? If so how? Any ideas. Am not talking about hybrid using solar panels.

thanks

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is nothing very difficult about using a prime mover like VAWT for either power generation or water pumping. Except that it has to be one or the other at a given time. You can design a shift mechanism that engages one or the other.
  • totalcrazy007
    totalcrazy007
    thanks for your suggestion Mr.Ramani. I am planing to make this project suitable for areas with medium or low wind speed.Can it be possible using VAWT as it need to be small for residential use.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Have a look at this UK survey:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

One advantage of using wind power for water pumping is that if one uses a positive displacement pump (Can be even a diaphragm pump) the variable speed of the wind only varies the pump output. Here is an example:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Audi TT has been turning heads since it's inception in 1998. Currently in its third generation development mode, the Audi TT will be up for sale later this year. A...
Instead of getting cured in the hospitals, some people turn sick by entering its premises.The Verge reports that one in 25 hospital patients suffer an infection during their care. The...
OrangeJuiceStudios submitted a new project: 2D CAD for the Tablet - CADO™ is our 2D CAD application for your touch screen tablet fitting into your workflow We are currently 70%...
Zach S. submitted a new project: The OsmoBot - Hydroponic & Aquaponic Monitoring & Control on your Smartphone Hydroponics and Aquaponics are the agricultural methods of the future. You can...
Hello folks, Need to write a web app (Using SpringMVC) where users can search for particular item and add an item to cart then purchase it. But if user decided...