Var / PF control

Give some details, how to control the Var / power favtor control in a synchronised generator?

Replies

• vasanthmbs
    vasanthmbs
    i think power factor is fully dependent on load ..... so if u adjust load u can easily control it. P=1.732VIcosq
    cosq is power factor .
    cosq=P/1.732VI.. voltage is inversely prop to power factor.. if u adjust the generated voltage ... u can control power factor .. synchronized generator is nothing but speed of rotor is equal to flux speed ...
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    ericsson
    Give some details, how to control the Var / power favtor control in a synchronised generator?
    This is done through AVR. You have two modes on which AVR works. There are droop settings etc which needs to be checked if I am right.
  • ericsson
    ericsson
    i dont know what is droop control in generator?
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Do you have an external AVR?
  • ericsson
    ericsson
    yes we have an External AVR. In NGR panel they have provided a Droop and pf control CT. And what is the use of nill meter in AVR please tell

Thank u..
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Do not know to which meter you are referring nill meter. There are excitation voltage and current meters on an AVR.

Check in your AVR manual if you get some help.
  • ericsson
    ericsson
    sorr boss. it is null meter...I have no manual for the AVR, thats only i ask u ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Former Autodesk CEO, the 60 year old Carol Bartz has been appointed the new CEO of Yahoo Inc. 😀 , Jerry Yang goes back to founders' role. Do you...
I have created a singleton classes and these classes got imported in program by netbeans.Please , tell me the description of following classes, i m not getting the functions of...
[note, I do NOT have any schematic drawings or documents here. This is just an informative log!] This is meant to be an experimental log of my final year project,...
Hello crazyengineers, I am interested in starting an online business(An educational portal). I am working toward's it and for the past two months i have been learning, planning and testing....
In all the websites(watblog, pluggd, startupdunia....) that write about startups there is not a single website that gives us information on what one can earn through a website or blog....