Valve's going BIG : A Linux Game Console. End of X360,PS & Wii era ?

After valve's move to support Ubuntu for Steam for linux & ditching Windows 8 compatibility.

Next move is way more exciting. Valve's Steam Engine to build Linux game Console.
This will kill all console market, believe me 😉

Read more it's interesting :
Connect the dots: Valve’s Big Picture could be a Linux game console - The Verge
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Gabe Newell in LinuxCon made us, Linux users; happy by saying "Linux is the future of Gaming".

What's steaming inside Valve ? Well well, next week Valve's releasing Linux based SteamBox.
    The presentation by Gabe in LinuxCon 2013 was outstanding. Checkout :

Many of us in Opensource community, do think that Valve being closed source is killing Opensource community. But let's look at the bright side, Linux distribution only lacks behind in one domain and that is gaming. With the help of Valve, we can overcome that flaw & we're half a decade behind in sabotaging Window's throne.
    Everyone gonna feel the Tux-Power 😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Dude! If this works out, man, linux is gonna blow up minds! *fingers crossed*
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Pensu
    Dude! If this works out, man, linux is gonna blow up minds! *fingers crossed*
    There's lot of work to be done by ATI developers in ATI Proprietary drivers. It still sucks. Nvidia proprietary & Nouveau Opensource is exceptionally good.
    Intel is progressing at great pace, but still performance in intel graphics is lesser than Intel drivers in Windows.

Overall, For PC gaming, If you've Nvidia GPU, Gaming in Linux is fun.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wasn't aware that the Government Of India is implementing a national optic fiber network with an investment of about Rs. 20,000 crores. Sam Pitroda, who advises the PM on...
Name: david krause *Engineering Trade: Design engineering within the basic research genre ranging from aerospace to medical to industrial Location:southeastern USA [central North Carolina specifically] *Occupation: Contract/consulting design engineer Work...
high guys pls help me out I need ansys 14.0 full version software
hello guys any one knows the good institute like cdac which provides job oriented courses/training in embedded system other than cdac?
Which Web Programming Language is Best(php,.net,etc..,)??