Valve Announces Linux Based Operating System : SteamOS.

I am not going in detail, as I would love if any VoiCEan covers this article ASAP!

So, Valve announced Linux based free Operating System called SteamOS (Which will be available free for download soon). The main objective of SteamOS is that it will convert your TV to dedicated gaming machine when connected to PC.

Screenshot from 2013-09-24 03:14:49

Valve confirmed that they have achieved better graphics & audio performance in SteamOS.

Some features that will blow off your fucking mind :
- You can stream & play Windows & Mac games in SteamOS
- Valve is contacting few media service providers like Netflix, Hulu & Crackle so that user can access it with SteamOS.
- Share games with your family & friends, take turns & play eachother's games.
- Family option will be added soon for more control of titles which get seen in OS.

Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#

And hey wait, this is not end, This is only first announcement from (You can check countdown for next announcement here : #-Link-Snipped-#)
SteamBox is still to be announced. But what's the third announcement then ? Let's wait for 2 more days !

Gabe Newell, I love you. No homo!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pretext I was participating in Perceptual Computing Challenge Phase II. It all started on July 9th and exactly after 75 days, it finally ended today. These 75 days were special...
The buzz this news has created amoung Linux Lovers is sure to give you goosebumps. Valve, the entertainment software and technology company, best known for bringing the immensely popular games...
We've discussed bicycles through various discussions. While we've discussed about the overall innovation in design, we almost ignored one of the most important components of the bicycle system - the...
The number of unemployable engineers in India is increasing, the way Indian population explodes. Exactly what is going on here? Did the software industry, which are service based, impoverished the...
Quote: Developed in 2011 by Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg, cinemagraphs are GIF images that combine still photography and video to produce a stunning effect. Typically, the entire GIF is...