VAIO Reveals Its First Hybrid Laptops: VAIO Z and VAIO Z Canvas

Personal computers manufacturer, VAIO Corporation has made its comeback by announcing its first devices in Tokyo. Earlier, VAIO was a brand of Sony Corporation but last year in February Sony sold its PC business to the investment firm Japan Industrial Partners (JIP) so that it can concentrate on its mobile business. The two new hybrid laptops, VAIO Z and VAIO Z Canvas, are launched in order to resurrect its flagship Z series. In the press release, VAIO has explicitly mentioned that the Z also stands for zero as the new start of the company. The information about the worldwide release is not revealed yet. However, VAIO Z is now available for preorder in Japan and VAIO Z Canvas will be released in May, this year along with the announcement of its commercialization decision.

Vaio-laptop-logo

VAIO Z

VAIO Z is available in two variants either with Intel i7 or i5 processor. Both of them have 13.3-inch display, an aluminum carbon shell body, and an SSD. According to the company, the SSD can boot the PC from standby in 0.3 seconds. It also claims the Z’s keyboard makes substantially less noise. The compact VAIO Z comes with built-in Intel Iris graphics and has battery life up to 15.5 hours. It is 16.8 mm thick and weighs 1.34 kg. VAIO Z also features InstantGo technology that will allow it to return from standby state instantly.It also comes with a digitizer stylus.

Vaio-laptop-z-multiflip

The hinge on the back of the Z's chassis allows users to transform it from laptop to pseudo-tablet as per their convenience. It is available for preorder at $1,600.

VAIO Z Canvas

VAIO Z Canvas is powered by Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor along with Intel Iris Pro graphics and 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro operating system. The 12.3-inch display will have screen resolution of 2560 × 1704 pixels (250 DPI) and covering 95 percent of the Adobe RGB color gamut. It will have 256 GB SSD, up to 16GB of onboard memory. And, it will have storage up to 1 TB. Canvas will not be flexible like Z but will come with detachable keyboard. It will come with a digitizer stylus.

Vaio-laptop-z-canvas-keyboard

What are your thoughts about the new VAIO Z and VAIO Z Canvas nicknamed as “monster PC” because of their high performance by VAIO? Share with us in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# Via VAIO's first post-Sony laptops transform into tablets - The Verge| #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Often looked upon once as the alternative to Apple's Macbook in the PC world, hardcore users of Vaio like myself are keeping our fingers crossed for a resurrection. Lets face it, for a few years no other company used to have sexier designs of laptops than Vaio.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have seen many of people commenting on facebook pages posts without any name,even a single dot or link to there id, i already have tried 1)Alt+0160(which is used in...
(From Washington Post) Rather long, yet interesting article. One may not agree with all that is said. However, there is a lot of food for thought if one takes the...
The many excludes me. Quote: There is, after all, no patented formula for what or who we take to. And just as people sometimes fall for the unlikeliest partners, history...
Yep, you read it right. Google has acquired a new patent for a device that can emit fragrance based on the body odour produced by movements by any person wearing...
Project Abstract / Summary : The peninsula , island and the coastal countries had their boundary limit in the sea , the people’s lives in those types of country has...