Vacuum provided in condenser

why vacuum is maintained in condenser in case of closed cycle operation in power plant working ??

Replies

• vibhor agarwal
    vibhor agarwal
    no reply from CEians....????
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Maybe the vacuum is to attract all the exiting steam from the turbine, and to thus prevent volumetric losses. this vacuum is perhaps maintained by the circulating pump which is connected in series with it. anyone got a better explanation ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all i am a beginner to DAC and need to understand all the functionality of it can anyone help me in knowing what is DAC all about and can...
Hello, i am working in a small company as a software tester. Here, we do manual testing and it's basic only. I would like to learn more like tools, tips,...
hey guys/babes i'm interested inventing some new ideas on(" introducing a bluetooth device transformation and printing in new model xerox machines)... I have no idea on that and i am...
I am confused about.. What is the angle between voltage and current practically??.. I am unable to imagine it
my name is NKUNDABAGENZI ABOUBAKAR, i am RWANDAN i am undergraduate at ZANZIBAR UNIVERSITY situated in TANZANIA. RWANDA and TANZANIA are all east AFRICAN countries. i expect to end up...