Using solar power for mobile / transmission towers

why dont we use solar energy for towers by fixing solar panels to towers and produce power for towers

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The size of the solar needs to be large as the power generated in a single array is really smaller
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    output from solar panal is low but if we cover the tower with the pannels in a proper direction i think we can get sufficient output
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You get about 1 KWHr/ sq.mtr. over a full sunny day with a properly angled panel. This is too small for the intended purpose.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    is there any solution, instead of useing solar pannels
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    is there any solution, instead of useing solar pannels
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Wind power could be an option. May not be legal in the location.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The only problem in the crowded cities are place of installation if that is available we can talk furthur in this topic

Other wise we need to design a smaller version of the supply device
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    vamsi kancharla
    output from solar panal is low but if we cover the tower with the pannels in a proper direction i think we can get sufficient output
    You will just need an unfeasible amount of area for that. Towers consumes a lots of energy, yes to some extent you can try to provide some part of the power but driving completely with solar is not possible with the current technology we have.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    but
    bioramani
    Wind power could be an option. May not be legal in the location.
    but it is not possible to install turbines in towns and cities
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vamsi kancharla
    but
    but it is not possible to install turbines in towns and cities
    Up to 10 KW can be installed on house tops.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    bioramani
    Up to 10 KW can be installed on house tops.
    but we cannot get continuos wind flow to install on buildings
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The wind flow will be continuous as lower power wind turbines need lesser wind speed for operation compared to the conventional wind mills in your mind
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vamsi kancharla
    but we cannot get continuos wind flow to install on buildings
    Do you get 24 Hr a day sunlight?
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    bioramani
    Do you get 24 Hr a day sunlight?
    no but cost of installing wind turbine is more and we cannot setup more turbines
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    no but cost for installing wind turbine is more and more over we cannot install more turbines right
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    vamsi kancharla
    no but cost for installing wind turbine is more and more over we cannot install more turbines right
    Cost of solar panels is comparatively higher and so this is not feasible either
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    but the life will be more for solar pannels and less maintenence is enough
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Both have several limitations which are to be considered more than to use them
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vamsi kancharla
    but the life will be more for solar pannels and less maintenence is enough
    A 1 KW solar power pack costs about Rs. 200,000. Probably you can find out the power requirements of a cell phone tower and estimate the size (Solar collection area) and cost of a system to supply this power 24x7. At a guess you have to multiply the average power by five to get the peak power rating of the solar supply for this.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    yes, exactly i agree with bioramani sir,actually am working on solar home need products as R&D Eng, its quite different to go for solar and it also available in type of solar panels(pv cell configuration) small 3watt -6watt light is to required the battery ,solar panel etc it around 5000RS for total module coast.it am not saying not possible to install solar to CELLPHONE tower but it require AREA to install and RATING of usage... and also sun light considerations....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would just like to know that what is the difference between exit,exit(0) and exit(1).Please help me.
Hi, Could anybody suggest a brief explanation of .inc extension file. I want its main purpose compared with other extension files. 😉
i am a nigerian, a graduate in electronics and computer. still pushing forward to know more on electronics and computer. right now, i am a technologist in one of the...
some times i really think that taking Comp. Sc. as my stream of BE....restrict me in many ways specially when i compare it any other core branch.I mean i can't...
sir I want to create database on php. when i click on phpmyadmin in wamp server it giving following error it solve. Error MySQL said: #1045 - Access denied for...