View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12833 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 9, 2008

Using SMS text / language other than English is *NOT* allowed on CE

CEans,

Remember that, CrazyEngineers is an international forum. You are in the company of the best and the brightest engineers from all over the world including engineering students & enthusiasts to professionals with over 40 years of experience.

As a protocol, we all use English to communicate with each other on CE. These discussions are open to all. Therefore you are requested not to -
  1. Use any language other than English.
  2. Use SMS Text [viz. gr8, u, 4eva, ppl etc.]
while posting on CE Forums.

We don't mind banning the mavericks who love to break the rules.
abhiraut
abhiraut • Oct 3, 2008
Thats an excellent idea buddy.but i think those who are used to it will definitely take some time to get use to this rule.hope you will kind hearted to them.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 3, 2008
Its all about Good Habits , you know 😁 . I don't think its 'difficult' to revert back to what we were taught in school.

As I see, only the Indian members use SMS text. Not sure what could be the reason.
mohsin230761
mohsin230761 • Oct 7, 2008
hello..... to every one.... i'm new to this so i need all of you to please guide me in all means...
i'll try my best to follow all the rules.... thank u...
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 7, 2008
You are ignoring the rules, mohsin. Read the rules again, SMS text is NOT allowed on CE Forums.

'u' becomes 'you', 'i' becomes 'I' , etc.
swapnakumar
swapnakumar • May 25, 2009
hi all!!!
sorry once again i really didn't know i will surely implement what is being said but it takes some time as i got used to short cut terminolgy
my sincere apology Mr.The_big_K
zainab783
zainab783 • Dec 29, 2011
i am also smile on this

Share this content on your social channels -