using keyboard and mouse simultaneously

hi
i want to know if we can use keyboard and mouse on different application simultaneously on same system.

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    pricks
    hi
    i want to know if we can use keyboard and mouse on different application simultaneously on same system.
    I don't think it is possible.

Reason:
    Windows converts any device event into a message in the system message queue which are then posted into the application message queue (for a window). These message are passed in a queue. For ex. When you press keys and click mouse simultaneously, then a message queue will be generated (i.e. either the keyboard's message will be passed first or the mouse's message)
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    pricks
    hi
    I too think that its not possible,
    like even if you click the mouse as well as use the keyboard the system will take the very first operation that you performed,,may be you think that you gave both the commands at the same time but,there will be some time difference between them.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    wat u intend to do i didn't get ur question but yes if u want to use 2 keyboards or mice u can use provided one is usb and other can be either usb or ps/2
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Not possible...
  • sookie
    sookie
    [SPAM]
    Might sound funny 😁 but I can use both a keyboard and mouse simultaneously . Just have a look at my keyboard

[​IMG]

[/SPAM]
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    From what I've learnt, and observed, about computers over the years, to be able to use mouse and keyboard simultaneously in 2 different applications, the 2 applications would have to have "focus" simultaneously. Also, they would have to be written (programmed) in such a manner that, one only captures mouse movements while the other, keyboard inputs without mixing them up.

I am not sure what practical purpose this would serve, as one person cannot usually perform the two tasks simultaneously in a coherent manner.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    not possible for everyone else sookie ha ha ha
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It would be possible with virtualization perhaps.. though I've never attempted it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a software that allows one to use the keyboard and mouse for different applications. You'll probably need to configure the software in advanced of course.. attaching keyboard input for App 1 and mouse of App 2 to avoid any possible IRQ conflicts.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sookie
    [SPAM]
    Might sound funny 😁 but I can use both a keyboard and mouse simultaneously . Just have a look at my keyboard

[​IMG]

[/SPAM]
    nice sookie....
    good thinking
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash
    It would be possible with virtualization perhaps.. though I've never attempted it.
    Which type of virtualization are you talking about Dear ASH !!!

I have never heard this thing in my past experience (2+ Yrs experience on virtualization.)

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Why don't you try? Virtualization is a vast world 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I will search, If I will find anything related will let you know. 😀

CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome, that'll be cool

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IF there is anyone who works on the OFDM and is interested in the Doppler effect on such a system? Let's discuss about how its performance is affected and the...
I've got stuck deriving the expression for the fast computation of the 2D discrete cosine transform. I've searched almost every text, but couldnt find it anywhere. Would someone who's done...
Hello, How to calculate the input resistance to be connected in TL431 shunt regulator. What is the maximum input voltage that can be applied? Thanks!
Hi CEsssssssssssssssssss Name: Anandhakumar G Engineering Trade: MCA Location: Coimbatore, India Occupation: Working Work Experience: 3 years Hobbies & Interests: Browsing , Playing cricket volley ball, chatting with friends ....
Sales Associate Description Working in Bestspystore Retail will be rewarding, it will be challenging, it may well be a step towards something bigger, but it is most definitely not just...