Using images to find images

I wonder why no one pointed this out. ๐Ÿ˜’ How many of you know that Microsoft's LIVE search has introduced the facility to search images using images?

Curious minds should click: #-Link-Snipped-#

Now, anyone wants to discuss the algorithm that works behind this?

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes, In fact we've been working on this for a while ago & there were some troubles in university (a PhD said we are losers & that's old project done before we just inventing the wheel) sadly we didn't complete with it.

Anyway, as we've done, this technique gets patterns of face and every part of the face like eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks..etc. collecting everything as one big pattern, it should be unique for every person, we tried Several Fourier transforms & Wavelets methods to achieve it, but we didn't get to the point to make it work practically but theortically I think it would work with search for person by image very well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hie 's I m posting a thread aftr a reallyy long tym....( may be ...more than 4 months....).....finally i hav Holidayzz.......nd i m simply luving it....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I thnk every engineer...
๐Ÿ˜‰well guys, i've always seen the somewat dull way of pulling "breakdown" vehicles with huge cables..๐Ÿ˜•so i thought of this sys for toys like cars to move behind 1 another...
Just for the sake of fun, I checked our Alexa ranking ๐Ÿ˜€ . I'm pleased to see that we are at 76,184! Now, that number might look 'big' to you,...
Everyone uses wikipedia. The articles there are just super! But I see, most of us have been just the readers. Have you ever edited any article in Wikipedia? If yes,...
CEans, Share your favorite discussions on CrazyEngineers so far. Also write why it is your favorite discussion. You may add as many discussions as you want. I'll set the ball...