Using a Step-down switching regulator, how can I convert 12v to 3.3v ?

Hello, I am working on a project. And part of it concerns the switching regulator.

I am using the MC34063 from OnSemiconductors.

I plan to use it as a step down converter, 12v to 3.3v with a 200mA output current, so I can power up a microcontroller and other IC's but I have a hard time finding out some of the component values...

I tried using the calculator from the following website www.nomad.ee,but there are certain values such as the voltage ripple and Minimun frequencies which confuse me a little bit.

I am using the following schematic design (this can be seen in their datasheet under stepdown converter)

MC34063 Datasheet, PDF - Alldatasheet

I tried adding different values which I calculated from the given formulas in the datasheet and even tried using the calculator, but when I simulated these, it did not work...😳

If it helps anyone, I am using the Pic24fj256ga110 from microchip ( the switching regulator will be connected to this u-controller).

#-Link-Snipped-#

Thank you in advance for any advice and help.😛

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For constructing a small scale wind turbine which can be used on roof top of houses which is the best material for constructing the turbine or blades keeping in mind...
Guys, I've got a circuit for this device from "www.redcircuits.com/Page9.htm" , but there is problem... i.e., there's a buzzer which is to be sound when mercury switch is 'ON',(through walking)......
ok so like i im not sure where to post this if you can point me in the right direction please do so so i need to know the best...
With a project called Closure Tools, Google plans to start helping developers who aspire to match the company's proficiency in creating Web sites and Web applications. Google is a strong...
1) Google launches enterprise search product for retail and e-commerce - SiliconIndia 2) Server goes down, IGNOU online exam fails - SiliconIndia 3) Latest Security News - CNET News 4)...