User Tagging Just Got Better!

User tagging at CrazyEngineers has just got better! Those who don't know about it - it's a system that lets you send an alert (+email) to any member of CrazyEngineers and get their attention to the discussion.

Until now, the system only showed the members in alphabetical order. So you'd end up seeing even the most inactive members in suggestions. That wasn't very useful.

The new update shows the most active members (aka the ones you'd expect to tag) at the top of suggestions list. So even if we have several members with usernames starting with 'Abhishek'; the @ < username suggestions would now show #-Link-Snipped-# first (provided he's active enough on CE). Give it a try, people!

Special Credits: #-Link-Snipped-# - for suggesting the feature.

-------New Members ----------

You can tag any user by first typing "@" sign, and then typing the username of the member. For example: #-Link-Snipped-# .

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks for the quick update. @ all regular members You can expect a lot of @mentions starting today! 😁
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Great feature. I Hope this feature will motivate all members to be superactive now on CE...Come on fellow engineers...👍
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Smart Tagging , eh ?
    Nice 👍
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    👍
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks a lot for this awesome feature update. I longed for this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We longed for it more than you did. It was a tough job tagging you. 😀 Now typing '@sar' fetches your name on the top!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We longed for it more than you did. It was a tough job tagging you. 😀 Now typing '@sar' fetches your name on the top!
    Sorry for the inconvenience with typing my name. THanks to K for this feature.
  • lal
    lal
    Can someone please tag my name? I don't seem to get any 'Tag' Notifications.

Yes, notification for tags is activated. Been working till a few days back. I didn't fiddle with my settings either. Promise! 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# How are you doing?
  • lal
    lal
    There was no tagging notification. Only reply notification.

Ankita Katdare replied to the thread User Tagging Just Got Better!. There may be more posts after this. 8:55 PM

And, I'm fine 😁 How are you?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's how the system works. Since both the notifications would lead you to the same destination, the system sends only higher priority notification. Test in some other forum or thread which you have not subscribed to.
  • lal
    lal
    Yet another request in that case, would someone be kind to tag my name in a random thread?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me what is difference between Mali 400 and Adreno 320?
Global news channels like CNN and BBC World News often seek assistance of Microsoft’s Skype to interact with newsmakers and commoners all around the world. These video calls however suffer...
The all-new emotion-sensing controller is born in the lab of Gregory Kovacs, professor of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. The controller senses player’s emotions and brain activity to make game...
Recently, I bought new phone Blueberry PlatinumS4 which supports java (nucleus) Operating System. It is Made in China. I want to add/install Google play store/services in this mobile. Please guide...
Adobe Systems Incorporated, the multimedia and creativity software products experts, have globally launched the all-new Lightroom mobile app (the companion to the desktop version of Lightroom) for Apple's iPad. Adobe...