Usefulness of android programming in networking

Friends, I am pursuing my masters in advanced computer networks. Given this information, I wish to know if it is useful to learn android programming. If yes, then please enlighten me about the applications of android programming in networking if i wish to carry any research.

Also let me know its usefulness in placements.

Thank you,
Regards,
Proffy

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Proffy. Do you have any specific interest in what field of networking you want to carry out your research on?

For android programming, your scope would be more on mobile applications. The main "problem" with android with regards to networking (in this case, networking over 3G/LTE) is the large amount of signalling involved, causing inefficient use of bandwidth and high battery usage. It would be a good research case to find ways to reduce the signalling to make apps more efficient through better coding that involves communications.

Another option is to research ways mobile devices running android to be involved in IoT - Internet of Things. For example, create a Personal Area Network consisting of multiple android devices with varying functions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Muthuveeran.A submitted a new project: Touch Screen Sheet - untouch screens are using this sheet working as touch basic idea for develop the touch screen sheet for using the scartch...
I did my BE in Electronics and Telecommunication.I want to pursue MS in CS. I will be having around 20 months of experience in IT field by next year. I...
I came across the thread on CE itself Do you believe Indians are bad programmers? Almost everyone belief that programming and writing better code is an art. a reply from...
Raghav Sood started coding when he was just 9 years old. At 15, he went on to start Appaholics in the year 2011 and is currently studying in Standard XII....
Karbonn Mobiles is back with a brand new phone, an elder brother to the Titanium S5, with the 5-inch Android KitKat smartphone titled 'Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra'. Launched with an...