Use of iron core in LVDT

Can't understand what's the use of iron core in LVDT?????

please help me. thanks

Replies

• d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Friend,
    Please write the full form of LVDT.........
    Because me not getting this.........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • sayandev
    sayandev
    LVDT is Linear Variable Differential Transformer.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The LVDT(Linear Variable Differential Transformer) is a transducer. It is a transducer which is used to convert linear displacement into electrical energy(When I say it is a linear displacement here, it is a physical displacement, not graphical). We can detect and measure linear displacements of various systems using the LVDT. These include movement of shafts, change in position of objects in a linear fashion, and many other forms of linear motion.(You can Google and use the Wikipedia for more information about it.)
    Hope I have satisfied your curiosity.
    Thank you.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    d_vipul
    Hey Friend,

Regards,
    VIPUL
    The.......................full form...........................................of ..................................LVDT...........................is.....................................Linear...............................Variable.............................Differential.......................................Transformer.......................Did you...........................get it................??????????
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    @Moderators
    I am sorry for the post full of dots, but I wanted d_vipul to know how irritating it is to use too many dots in posts.
    Thank you.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    I like that...................@aj
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Sayandev,
    Mostly It is used in LINE PRODUCTS Or OVCB (it is technical to line manufacturing).............

LINE PRODUCTS:- It means where parts are assembled one after another......
    e.g. Suppose you want to make a coil.....
    Steps:
    1. First core is made.......
    2. coil is wound.......
    3. It is insulated using insulation oil.....
    This process is done one after another in the same line for that it is necessary to stop that Line at a particular place for that purpose LVDT is used......

Iron Core:- It is used for FLUX LINKAGES between primary and secondary winding of transformer......

In LVDT two types are their:
    1. Moving Core: Core is moved inside to outside which changes the flux linkages with secondary result in different output voltage at different position of coil....
    2. Moving Pointer: In is like a auto transformer whenever Line moves it is connected with pointer of transformer.....as soon as it changes position output voltage changes....

In both he cases, the output voltage is measured and its terminals are connected with relay.......
    Relay is programed for voltage and distance....when it continuously measures output voltage......and according to setting it gives trip to stop the Line for next step of process to carry out......

I have its manual with construction but I cant provide you that much cause its against my company policy..........
    Only this much info I can provide.......
    For more details you can try for Google.........

Hope this info is sufficient to you........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • sayandev
    sayandev
    thankzzz a lot. but thats not the end. ๐Ÿ˜ I have many other queries.๐Ÿ˜’ plzz search for the forum circuit parameters. plzzz
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Sayandev : If you have many questions and if they are already posted, why dont you just paste the links here?
    That would be easy for others to answer!

@Vipul:Excellent answer , could you stop using that dots? try it out once your post looks very neat ! trust me!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    d_vipul
    I like that...................@aj
    You like that, but no one else does. The reputation of this site, which everyone else is trying to maintain, is being crushed mercilessly by you. Why can't you just quit using those dots?
    If you want to make yourself unique, if you want to make yourself stand out of the crowd, use a smart avataar, or pull up a smart signature. We will appreciate you. There is no need of using somewhat not-so-smart-but-flashy kind of way when you can be smart.
    Thank you.
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    d_vipul
    Hey Friend,

Regards,
    VIPUL
    Linear......................................................................................
    Variable.......................................................................
    at this stage punctuation is so overwhelming that you can simply ignore the words and just add more punctuation
    but hey............my keyboard has other buttons too yippee!!!!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; and """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    what about this one :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: and
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The next time I answer d_vipul, may be I may download punctuations and characters. Hope they are supported by his computer.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey all,
    see my effect everyone is trying to follow me............
    Nice one Voltaire.

Hey AJ,
    I will try to stop this but it will take same time....
    Cause it is a practice of around 3-4 years.
    So it will take time to stop........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Pleasure vipul. You are the first entrant in my ignore list. Congrats
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Voltaire,
    Thanks......

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    vipul, please check PM ๐Ÿ˜€

Alright, alright, lets get back on topic folks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sayandev
    sayandev
    Please leave the topic on dots, punctuations etc. Being an engineer there's lots of other important things to do !! No time to waste on this small things.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've chosen my final year project and it's about wireless energy transfer . if you can help me with some info or resources I'll be thankful
I am making a btech project on vehicle traffic counter .Can anyone suggest what all i can include in my project beside just counting the no.of vehicles passing??
I am serious, the more arty i become - the more am I possed with question " why did you choose engineering- you could have become a painter" or "...
Please can you able to put up some interesting(even if it is difficult its ok) project topics on IMAGE PROCESSING.I am really in need for this.Please give some ideas.
I wasnts top prepare on circuit that we can do following job by sending one SMS, 1. Lock 2. Un lock 3. Start Car 4. Start AC Please Reply Is...