usb to usb transfer..without computer

Hi ,

I have a project topic which flashed my mind....but not sure whether its possible or not.

For files to be transfered from one usb to another, we require an OS medium (say computer)

My question is whether this transfer can be done without computer....??

Something like bluetooth which is used in mobiles...
Is it possible ?/

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    While you dont need a full scale computer, you'll still need some sort of device that has host USB capabilities to act as the transfer medium.. and some sort of visual interface to actually see what you want to transfer. A USB host capable microcontroller system with two USB ports + small LCD should be enough.

If you want to remove the medium itself, the USB drive will need to be reworked to include host USB capability (this will add costs). If you just want to clone the whole drive, then a visual screen is not required.. so at the touch of a button, you'll transfer everything to the secondary USB drive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm simply copy-pasting them from our inbox. Engineering standards in India should go up. See - Name: Anoop | Contact Phone: 96XXXXX67 | CE ID: an---l I wish to work...
Just curious to know Is there anyone here who go for a walk or do some exercise daily?
hello frnd, i am new with this technology and am doing E&C. and i want know about designing of VLSI. so please help me about same. thank you regard uma...
HI,m new to CE,....rite nw m in 2nd yr n m wrried reguarding my internship...cause i dnt really have a source........can u help me plz..
I have this Seagate Freeagent 250GB hard0disk One fine day i wake to find- Its crashed! I realyl dont think I have been man handling it as it was all...