urgent.....PHP and Apache configuration

hello....i have installed apache2.2 on my laptop alongwith php5 .
when i test ,it shows configuration and works...but when i run my own created php page .it does not work and display only the html content. pls help me ...to know whether my php 5 in installed properly.
and apache is configured properly..

or give me steps to install php5 and to configure apache 2.2 server....its really urgent

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If PHPINFO works fine, PHP & Apache installation is alright.

Could you share the code of your php page with us? Looks like the problem lies there.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Neha, could you paste your code in here?

Or do one thing, in your configuration, enable warnings. So that all the interpretation errors are thrown on your screen. If that is so, then please copy paste that error in here.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    I have craeted a html page named test1.html in htdocs folder of Apache and coding of that html page is

Name:

and the php page that will be submitted on clicking submit is welcome.php and is also placed in same htdocs folder and is coding is as follows:

Welcome !

You are years old.

but the problem is that it is displaying only Welcome! and You are years old.

It is not picking values from that html page....

pls help me out of this....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It works very well on my system.

Make sure you've placed both the files in the same directory under apache's htdocs folder.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    I have placed both test1.html and welcome.php in htdocs folder.
    but when i click on test1.html ,page open in IE and i enter name and age ,then click on submit query then page opens and displays only welcome!
    you are years old.
    whats the problem?
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    yes i got it.its working now.actually i was not running that html page through localhost .i was directly clicking on it. thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good that you solved the problem yourself. All the best!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I was recently going through a piece of code in php, I could not distinguish between usage of "echo" and "print" keyword in it. Anyone has any ideas about the difference between the two? 😕
  • spartan
    spartan
    I was recently going through a piece of code in php, I could not distinguish between usage of "echo" and "print" keyword in it. Anyone has any ideas about the difference between the two? 😕

hope this will help you
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New Zealand star Suzie Bates has revealed her side is excited about the chance of winning the . Bates, part of the side who finished as runners-up at the ICC...
Hi people... I am looking for a good Laptop for my computer science and JAVA classes... can someone suggest a good laptop with good config for me please.. I did...
hi guys i am working as a trainee engineer(EEE), they put me in this telemetry project which i am unaware of, CAn any body tell any site address or books...
​If you have HDMI out on your game consoles and HDMI in on your computer monitor you can pretty much stop reading. If, however, you're still stuck in the analog...
​Ah, a childhood favorite revisited. Years back, our hearts were taken by the one and only Robo Catcher, and now it seems the famed toy snatching game has seen a...