UPS battery Test

Hi, is there any way to test the battery of a UPS without opening the case? I need to use a multimeter to test the battery voltage and test it again hours later to see if it is the same or losing charge. But how can I use the multimeter to test it without opening the case? It is a very standard APC UPS I am talking about here.
Any advice is appreciated

Replies

• AnilKumarTiwari
    AnilKumarTiwari
    For the testing of any battery following data is required.

Cuurent Rating - in Ampere Hour.
    Voltage Rating - in Volts.

Suppose a battery of rating 40 Ah of 12 Volts.

You connect the load of 40 A to battery and take the voltage reading.

Voltage should be same during the load and no load. Multimeter must have to show constant reading.

The given test is not more than 5 seconds.
    If it is not showing constant the battery may be not in full charge condition or may be manufacturing defects.
  • AnilKumarTiwari
    AnilKumarTiwari
    See the ampere hour and voltage of battery.
    Connect any D.C.load and multimeter in its terminals.
    Multimeter must show the same voltage during no load & full load.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, could anybody confirm if is possible to communicate over IM308C (S5-115)by PROFIBUS DP protocol to InTouch SCADA (PC side CP5613A2 card, SIMATIC NET 6GK1713) Thanks for your support,...
hi guys i'm actually working on making a 3cc rotary engine for my project. Can anybody give me the dimensions most suited for the engine or plz provide me the...
Have been searching for ages with no joy😔, does anyone know of any software that can use my laptops IR receiver and display the results as an oscilloscope. Many thanks...
CEans, Download the CE Presentation Here - https://www.divshare.com/download/1544380-acd The idea is to come up with a simple presentation that we can forward to our friends in order to tell them...
Hey CEans! NAME: hussain location: India profession : Student. Course : Electronics & communication Engineering JOB : Not Applicable my Aim in life : To become a successfull and innnovative...