UNRAR in UBUNTU

RAR files don't generally open in UBUNTU

I tried using unrar-free and I could successfully open the *.RAR archive file
When I extracted the contents though the extraction procedure said that the extraction procedure is completed I did not see any files in the destination folder.

I rechecked out in VISTA if things are fine and I found out that the *.RAR archive is encrypted and I need to enter a password to extract it.

Now, you did not UBUNTU prompt me this? or is that i am doing something wrong( I might have as I am still getting my hands on UBUNTU) and how exactly are password encrypted RARs opened in UBUNTU any ideas?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can some one shed some light on my query below. I have a system which has three phase input (R,Y,B). And now i need an output (say 230V),from the same...
if any one has good seminar topic information in E&C stream .pls help me 😒
Hello guys, Before anyone starts a business they should think of what are the posibilities of getting success and gain (Benifits) of that project or business... And probabilities of Failure...
Hi, I have a problem about EMF and/or Voltage. Let their are 100 electron at a place A and 200 electron at place B. Now what will be the Voltage/EMF...
Here Post the Image That you found good and something different... It should be a something innovative and fun... Start sharing Ceans