Unpaid Item Strikes from E-bay

I have a doubt regarding the E-bay auctions. I came across this doubt when one of my friend placed a bid with e-bay auction and had not paid it after winning the bid.

He received some e-mails from e-bay that he will be entitled for 'Unpaid Item Strikes' from the e-bay, but he is saying he is not the one who is living for the e-bay account or ratings.

I want to know, accept(canceling) suspending the e-bay account what legal action e-bay can take if he does n't pay the auction amount which he should?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Crazy

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Did your friend try contacting their customer care? I'm sure they will respond.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Did your friend try contacting their customer care? I'm sure they will respond.
    They must not be going to say that they wont take any legal action? Do you think they will?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope your friend wasn't joking when he placed the bid. If he's experiencing any problem paying the amount, he should notify ebay immediately. I'm sure they will listen.

Read their terms & conditions.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I hope your friend wasn't joking when he placed the bid. If he's experiencing any problem paying the amount, he should notify ebay immediately. I'm sure they will listen.

Read their terms & conditions.
    He was not... but he didn't expect also that he would win.

Whatever, the thing is can they take some legel action, if somebody will logged in and go for a bid, win and dont pay?

Their terms and condition says that they will start unpaid item strike and too many of these will lead to suspension of account, nothing else.

I am still trying to find, if they wont take any action then it would be seller loss, who could not sell his item and still had to pay to e-bay for keeping his item on auction.

What say?

-Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    He was not... but he didn't expect also that he would win.

Their terms and condition says that they will start unpaid item strike and too many of these will lead to suspension of account, nothing else.

-Crazy
    Hmm, I don't get it, seriously! Why bid if you don't expect to win? That's sure a loss for the seller. I'm not too sure if the seller/e-bay would take a legal action.

But if the terms/conditions mention that the account will be suspended, don't expect anything else. But tell your friend - its not fun to cheat the system.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Hmm, I don't get it, seriously! Why bid if you don't expect to win? That's sure a loss for the seller. I'm not too sure if the seller/e-bay would take a legal action.

But if the terms/conditions mention that the account will be suspended, don't expect anything else. But tell your friend - its not fun to cheat the system.
    Yup Biggi, he himself had learned a lesson.

Got a piece of info that E-bay would allow seller to again re-auction for free. And will suspend account of that user so he can not bid any more.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alright lads? My name is Tim, i am a automotive engineer, back at university this year for a masters. I'm studyling at Oxford Brookes. Hobbies ... well, WRC Racing, rally...
Hallo, I'm Adib. I help for my final year project. I have ran out of idea. Can anybody help me? I'm studying in PROCESS INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL.. Please Help Me..😔
Hallo, I'm Adib. I help for my final year project. I have ran out of idea. Can anybody help me? I'm studying in PROCESS INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL.. Please Help Me..😔
I don't know what to say. What do you think? To cut the long story short, I have been seriously thinking if Google's turning evil. Why did they not work...
All my efforts to love Chrome are moribund. I discovered that YouTube videos freeze in Chrome! Is it just me or Google didn't do basic testing of Chrome? 😒