Understanding 2 Stroke Engine

Hi all!

I'm posting an image from howstuffworks.com . I think the image is self explanatory.

[โ€‹IMG]

Those who are not familier with the structure of two storke engine may ask questions. I will try my best to answer them!

Cheers!
Rocker

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good Job, Rocker!

Hey, Good Job Rocker!

I think it would help if you write a short article on the same. Questions are always welcome.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Congratulations, Rocker. That was a good article. Can you explain 4 stroke engines as well?

We already have a discussion on six stroke engine!

Jerry
  • ferrari_arj
    ferrari_arj
    there is no transfer port shown in the picture :?:
  • ferrari_arj
    ferrari_arj
    Congratulations, Rocker. That was a good article. Can you explain 4 stroke engines as well? 

Jerry
                                                                                    __________________
                    I'll Be Back             

this is an animation of a crank n cam of a 4 stroke engine . i think this best xplains t working of t values ...
    [โ€‹IMG]
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That was even better, Arjun! Take a moment to introduce yourself in our introductions section.

The Mechanical Engineering section is dormant for enough time. Let's hope Arjun & Gang ( ๐Ÿ˜ ) bring it to life.

Keep up the good work!

-The Big K-
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    ferrari_arj

Jerry
                                                                                    __________________
                    I'll Be Back             

this is an animation of a crank n cam of a 4 stroke engine . i think this best xplains t working of t values ...
    [โ€‹IMG]
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hi all ,

In a 4 stroke engine there are steps:-

1. Ignition and induction
    2. Expansion and compression
    3. Exhaust and transference

Regards

vibhor_one
  • homersimpsons19
    homersimpsons19
    I'm doing a manufaturing coursework for mass production of 2-stroke engine. I was wondering if any1 out there can enlighten me on how the best way of carrying out tests for these engines before putting it in market?

thank you in advance.
  • nanda.nazi
    nanda.nazi
    wats d purpose of reed valve?
  • chrissy_7
    chrissy_7
    A reed prevents back-leakage of the fuel/air mixture if you need a more detailed explanation of how it works please let me know
    regards
    Chris
  • gohm
    gohm
    Actually there are 4 steps, that's how it get's its name. Also known as the Otto cycle after the german engineer who designed the first working production unit with Daimler of Chrysler-Daimler fame.

1. intake
    2. compression
    3. power
    4. exhaust
  • Tukaram
    Tukaram
    In 2 stork engine having tow piston in cylinder . its possible ?๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜• Please make a section for computer geeks and hacking and security like topics ๐Ÿ˜’
Hello CEans! Check out mozilla firefox 2.0 ! They came up with lot of Goodies in the firefox 2 ! My download is in progress ๐Ÿ˜‰ . I'll post a...
Name: Genius Engineer ๐Ÿ˜ Engineering Trade: Industrial & Systems Engineering Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Reading , Swimming, Playing Squash , OR Aim in life: Become a successful leader I...
Re: Computer geeks and Hackerz hey...๐Ÿ˜ This is funny that we have to log on every time we intend to navigate through the links..๐Ÿ˜‰ I logged in at least thrice...
Re: Multiple login problem hey big_k...๐Ÿ˜Ž man you are faaaast... Or is it AI you are using...? Nevertheless... I shall ask you about Hacking... I work in a wifi environ....