View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12834 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Rocker
Rocker • Oct 1, 2006

Understanding 2 Stroke Engine

Hi all!

I'm posting an image from howstuffworks.com . I think the image is self explanatory.

[​IMG]

Those who are not familier with the structure of two storke engine may ask questions. I will try my best to answer them!

Cheers!
Rocker
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 1, 2006
Good Job, Rocker!

Hey, Good Job Rocker!

I think it would help if you write a short article on the same. Questions are always welcome.

-The Big K-
Jerry
Jerry • Nov 30, 2006
Congratulations, Rocker. That was a good article. Can you explain 4 stroke engines as well?

We already have a discussion on six stroke engine!

Jerry
ferrari_arj
ferrari_arj • Feb 4, 2007
there is no transfer port shown in the picture :?:
ferrari_arj
ferrari_arj • Feb 4, 2007
Congratulations, Rocker. That was a good article. Can you explain 4 stroke engines as well? 

Jerry
                                                                                __________________
                I'll Be Back             
this is an animation of a crank n cam of a 4 stroke engine . i think this best xplains t working of t values ...
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 4, 2007
That was even better, Arjun! Take a moment to introduce yourself in our introductions section.

The Mechanical Engineering section is dormant for enough time. Let's hope Arjun & Gang ( 😁 ) bring it to life.

Keep up the good work!

-The Big K-
vibhor_one
vibhor_one • Feb 4, 2007
ferrari_arj

Jerry
                                                                                __________________
                I'll Be Back             
this is an animation of a crank n cam of a 4 stroke engine . i think this best xplains t working of t values ...
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Hi all ,

In a 4 stroke engine there are steps:-

1. Ignition and induction
2. Expansion and compression
3. Exhaust and transference

Regards

vibhor_one
I'm doing a manufaturing coursework for mass production of 2-stroke engine. I was wondering if any1 out there can enlighten me on how the best way of carrying out tests for these engines before putting it in market?

thank you in advance.
nanda.nazi
nanda.nazi • Sep 8, 2008
wats d purpose of reed valve?
chrissy_7
chrissy_7 • Sep 29, 2008
A reed prevents back-leakage of the fuel/air mixture if you need a more detailed explanation of how it works please let me know
regards
Chris
gohm
gohm • Sep 29, 2008
Actually there are 4 steps, that's how it get's its name. Also known as the Otto cycle after the german engineer who designed the first working production unit with Daimler of Chrysler-Daimler fame.

1. intake
2. compression
3. power
4. exhaust
Tukaram
Tukaram • Oct 28, 2011
In 2 stork engine having tow piston in cylinder . its possible ?😭😭😁

Share this content on your social channels -