Ultrasonographic evaluation of Rotator cuff tears

Project Abstract / Summary : Rotator cuff tears in shoulders can be diagnosed using arthroscopy, MRI & Ultrasonography. Since arthroscopy is a surgical procedure and MRI is extremely expensive, Ultrasound is first option to diagnose rotator cuff tears because it is easily accessible, economical, portable & non invasive. Since the only disadvantage of ultrasound is that only experienced radiologists are able to make out the presence or absence of rotator cuff tears, we aim at enabling any doctor/orthopedician to determine the presence of rotator cuff tears by developing an image processing algorithm.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : In India, an average MRI scan costs around 7000 INR whereas an Ultrasonogram costs around 500 INR. Ultrasound is ideal for a rural set up and doctors prefer its use, but they are unable to diagnose since they are not experts in the field and only an experienced radiologist will be able to read the image. Hence if this problem is addressed, quick and easy diagnosis leading to timely treatments can be meted out. Our project will reduce the workload and discrepancies of radiologists and enable even an orthopedician to diagnose Rotator cuff tears quickly and accurately.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
City: Bengaluru
State: Karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The popular maker of Swiss wristwatches Swatch has entered the smartwatch segment with its smartwatch called 'Swatch Touch Zero One'. When it comes to smartwatches, the names that quickly come...
https://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Electronic-Drum-Kit/?ALLSTEPS
Today, BlackBerry has announced the launch of its new smartphone called 'BlackBerry Leap' for 4G LTE network at the company's Mobile World Congress 2015 press conference. Priced at about $275,...
i want to retrive data from database using dropdown list and i want it in a soring table here i got data retrival but how to kep it in a...
Huawei has launched a new device at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. We are using the word device because we aren’t sure whether the MediaPad X2 is a tablet,...