UIDAI Is Ready For September Rollout & Here's What The Kit Contains

Mr. Nilekani is ready to roll out the UIDAI project in September in AP state. The project is ambitious and aims to provide unique identification to about 1.2 billion people, reports Yahoo.

The enrollment officials will set up stations and will be equipped with KITs that will contain -
An iris scanner, a fingerprint machine, a camera, a laptop, a computer screen linked to the laptop, an Internet data card, a pen drive and a printer.

The laptop contains a bilingual software which controls the whole recording process and connects to all the other equipment. Every person will be provided with a receipt of what has been recorded.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1.I was connect 3 Phase Induxtion motor in Delta at time i was measured motor speed 1478 RPM 2. Theni was connect motor in start mode at time i measure...
Source: Google, Skype must set up server in India: Govt Looks like Indian Government has someone who's taking his/her job very seriously. After getting RIM (the makers of Blackberry) to...
Source: https://www.indianexpress.com/news/hari-prasad-to-present-his-evm-paper-at-chicago/674796/ Mr. Hari Prasad, who was arrested few days ago got bail and is ready to present a paper on hacking Indian EVM in Chicago. The annual conference is...
Source: Engine problem prompts US Toyota Corolla recall | News | The Engineer Leading Japanese car maker, Toyota will recall ~1.3 million Corolla & Matrix models manufactured between 2005-2008 sold...
I usually use my cellphone in an elevator/lift and I always encounter problems with my signal. My call will either be dropped or the experience poor voice quality. What are...