U.F.E.

Project Abstract / Summary : U.F.E

(Unmanned Fire Extinguisher)

It is a wired remotely operated unmanned ground vehicle fitted with high pressure a robotic arm with gripper and 2 cameras (one on the arm & second in the front).

The main purpose of this vehicle is to extinguish fire those areas which are not easily accessible by the fire fighters due to very much confined space or due very high temperature, the has been fitted with two cameras for the surveillance purpose, one camera is in front for the drivers view and other camera is mounted on the robotic arm so that we can also have different view, a gripper has also been attached o the robotic arm to take samples or to lift an object.

Salient feature:

• The vehicle tracked so that it moves almost on all terrains.

• The arm has 360 degree rotation and length of 1 metre to increase its approach.

• It has an inbuilt 5 litre water tank and direct supply system (any of them or both of them can be used depending on the working condition).

• It can throw water upto 10metre from the vehicle.

• It is small in size hence easy to carry

• Low centre of gravity therefore no chance of vehicle getting toppled during robotic arm in motion or any object being lifted by gripper
Specification

Weight: 10kg (empty), 15kg (with full tank)

Camera: 25 mp, stills can be captured and video can also be recorded (both can be done remotely)

Pump: h = 15 metre, discharge = 350 litre per minute
[​IMG]

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : It is an attempt to aid the emergency & rescue personnel who work in most hazardous conditions and rescue other's lives, with help of this device they can observe the conditions of the subject(buildings, tunnels etc.) which is on fire or has demolished due to any natural or manmade calamity, and plan the strategy accordingly
As in INDIA their are various cities where its is very difficult for a rescue personnel to operate due very small space and difficult environment

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: JECRC UDML College of Engg
City: Jaipur
State: Rajasthan
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Nowadays non renewable energy sources are being destroyed, due to more consumption of fossil fuels for automobiles. Hence to reduce the consumption of fuel we...
Admit it or not, but the Chinese brand Xiaomi has taken over the gadget arena in India by storm. One of its popular products in recent times has been the...
I am in a great dilemma to decide in which domain i need to do my final year project. I'm already in my8th semester and I hardly have 3 months...
Project Abstract / Summary : The braking in trains is a heavy process and also it requires more power and takes long distance to stop itself. There is lot of...
Project Abstract / Summary : The Gravity power mechanism is, when a weight moves down from higher potential to lower potential this potential energy is converted into kinetic energy, and...