Ubuntu Touchstyle Lockscreen 1.0.0 Beta is out for Android

Its not even a fortnight when Canonical announced Ubuntu Edge in which Ubuntu Touch will be used as a dual boot. A developer thought that the lock screen concept used by Canonical would be cool and made an almost identical one for Android as well.

Though the first version of lock screen for Android may not have lots of functionality to beat current android's lockscreen but it would not disappoint Android + Linux lovers.

The application named as โ€œUbuntu LockScreenโ€ and it is free of charge.

Users may define a few of the animations, the default message and phone applications used to show the counters on the main screen, and even a password-locking feature that uses the Ubuntu font.

The Beta version available on Google Play is versioned as 1.0.0. Per developers There is still much room for improvement, but the below video shows that for a first release LockScreen offered by ubuntu is very impressive.

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's totally gorgeous! I'm going to install it right away. Here's the download link to Play Store, folks: #-Link-Snipped-#

Update:
    Just tried on my Note II. Looks like the app is not optimised for larger displays. The clock flows out of the screen and it doesn't accomodate my name. ๐Ÿ˜”

Maybe the next phone I'll buy will be uBuntu.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Will update my review after installing.waiting for downloading.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's totally gorgeous! I'm going to install it right away. Here's the download link to Play Store, folks: #-Link-Snipped-#

Update:
    Just tried on my Note II. Looks like the app is not optimised for larger displays. The clock flows out of the screen and it doesn't accomodate my name. ๐Ÿ˜”

This works good for my Galaxy S2.
    I have installed the 1.1.0 app version with the password fix, and this looks totally awesome.

This is still in beta, wait for another few days and you will get another app with all the bug fixes. ๐Ÿ˜€

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crazyboy
    This works good for my Galaxy S2.
    I have installed the 1.1.0 app version with the password fix, and this looks totally awesome.
    Take a look...

Screenshot_2013-08-08-11-12-14
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kaustubh Katdare

Update:

Hello. I'm Rotary Heart, the developer of Ubuntu Lockscreen, could you please send me some screenshots or post them to know the issue? (I don't own a Note II so I can't fix it). Many thanks.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Hello. I'm Rotary Heart, the developer of Ubuntu Lockscreen, could you please send me some screenshots or post them to know the issue? (I don't own a Note II so I can't fix it). Many thanks.
    Hey Dev, I must say Awesome Attempt !

One of the issue I faced with my Galaxy S2 and this lockscreen is I can only slide from right to left diagonally down to remove the lockscreen.

In none of the other direction this works.

I am sure it will not be intended?

-CB
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    crazyboy
    Hey Dev, I must say Awesome Attempt !

One of the issue I faced with my Galaxy S2 and this lockscreen is I can only slide from right to left diagonally down to remove the lockscreen.

In none of the other direction this works.

I am sure it will not be intended?

-CB

If its only diagonally down, no that's not how it should work. I'm not familiarized with this web, but is there any way you could send me a private message or something? So we can discuss this and maybe send you a couple of tests to see if something fix it.

Thanks.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    My phone just got frozen and the screen could not be unlocked by swiping it down

I am using Karbonn A3 and is there a fix to it or shall I wait till the original version is released
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Conqueror
    My phone just got frozen and the screen could not be unlocked by swiping it down

I am using Karbonn A3 and is there a fix to it or shall I wait till the original version is released

You need to swipe from right to left. Look at the video.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Looks good.
    On my Galaxy Grand, the lock works good when my screen light goes off. But when I lock the screen from the top bar, the lock looks a bit shifted to the right. I know its a beta and its quite an awesome work. Thanks a lot
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Super cool in Karbonn A3 got all the tricks and Happy with the performance of it

Thanks for the clarification here mate #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Nick_Sharma
    Looks good.
    On my Galaxy Grand, the lock works good when my screen light goes off. But when I lock the screen from the top bar, the lock looks a bit shifted to the right. I know its a beta and its quite an awesome work. Thanks a lot

What version do you have? It should be fixed with the new version on Play Store.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Miguel Gonzalez
    What version do you have? It should be fixed with the new version on Play Store.
    It happens to me too.
    Device : Samsung Galaxy Y s5360-GT
    ROM : Custom
    App store : 4.2.3

I have to manually move the lock-screen so that it covers entire screen properly.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Abhishek Rawal
    It happens to me too.
    Device : Samsung Galaxy Y s5360-GT
    ROM : Custom
    App store : 4.2.3

I have to manually move the lock-screen so that it covers entire screen properly.

What app version are you running?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Miguel Gonzalez
    What app version are you running?
    Latest one available which is available in playstore.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Abhishek Rawal
    Latest one available which is available in playstore.

My bad, I fixed that already, but it will be included in next update (I thought that I fixed it before uploading it to playstore, but I didn't).

By the way if anyone wants to make any translation feel free to ask. I'm accepting every language translation.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's version 1.1.0

Here's the screenshot :

SC20130809-105728 SC20130809-105737

You can see in first image, the lock-screen is moved slightly on right side.

On side note : Good work dev, thanks for a nice lock-screen.๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am also seeing the same when I locked it from the notification bar

But if screen locks automatically there is no issue in it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Was an update released yesterday? Does it make the lock screen work fine on bigger screen devices? Someone please test it.

Plus - How does the app affect battery life?
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Was an update released yesterday? Does it make the lock screen work fine on bigger screen devices? Someone please test it.

I still need to see what your issue is, since I don't own the Note II.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare

I did not see ANY adverse effect on battery.
    Seems its not damaging the battery.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Good to have you here ๐Ÿ˜€ . Just captured screenshot of the latest version using my Note II. See how it looks -

Screenshot_2013-08-09-12-31-07

The text at the top is cut off and the lock-screen leaves some space on the left. I had to move the lock screen to occupy all area. It'd be great if you could fix it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Good to have you here ๐Ÿ˜€ . Just captured screenshot of the latest version using my Note II. See how it looks -

Screenshot_2013-08-09-12-31-07

The text at the top is cut off and the lock-screen leaves some space on the left. I had to move the lock screen to occupy all area. It'd be great if you could fix it ๐Ÿ˜€

If you move it so that its centered does the text still look ct off? The off centered issue is fixed, so in next update you shouldn't see that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Miguel Gonzalez
    If you move it so that its centered does the text still look ct off? The off centered issue is fixed, so in next update you shouldn't see that.
    Yes, the text is still cut-off. I think it's because the font for the time is bigger. Making it smaller should do the trick.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, the text is still cut-off. I think it's because the font for the time is bigger. Making it smaller should do the trick.

Perfect I will make the text smaller. Thanks.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Way to go Man . congrats for your work and I bet you will find more users for your app.All the best bro #-Link-Snipped-#.I also encountered the same problem as #-Link-Snipped-# said.We would like to swipe from all sides.Background looks super.Try an addition where we can change the swipe screen background.๐Ÿ˜
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Including other Security methods like pattern lock will make it even more attractive mate

Super cool feature and one of the apps I will be recommending my friends Simple and really cool
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey after updating to the latest version

The notifications are not disappearing even when I check all the notifications

They vanish only when the next set of notifications arrive
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I tried using this on my phone. Doesn't seem attractive enough to use it. Plus it has a lot of bugs. Many important features that should have been there are missing. It doesn't even activate automatically. You have to manually lock it everytime.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    I tried using this on my phone. Doesn't seem attractive enough to use it. Plus it has a lot of bugs. Many important features that should have been there are missing. It doesn't even activate automatically. You have to manually lock it everytime.
    It automatically locks the moment the screen goes off

I am not sure what you are querying about

But the app needs more improvement in having more security feature
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    It automatically locks the moment the screen goes off

I am not sure what you are querying about

But the app needs more improvement in having more security feature
    Well it didn't work for me. Also I didn't like the UI. its pretty confusing to me. Your opinions may differ, but I don't like this app.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Can you post the device plus OS config that will be of more help to miguel

Well this is beta version so there is a lot that can ne changed before a regular app comes out right
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Can you post the device plus OS config that will be of more help to miguel

Well this is beta version so there is a lot that can ne changed before a regular app comes out right

Micromax Canvas 2+ or A5110Q

Android JellyBean 4.2.1

I use this one. And this feature doesn't seem useful to me.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Conqueror
    Hey after updating to the latest version

The notifications are not disappearing even when I check all the notifications

They vanish only when the next set of notifications arrive
    I have never updated my phone with it from the playstore, but try to check what option you have for them to be removed.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    [quote="Nayan Goenka, post: 292023, member: 16299cromax Canvas 2+ or A5110Q

Android JellyBean 4.2.1

I use this one. And this feature doesn't seem useful to me.[/quote]

So every time you tutn your screen off an on it doesn't appear?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Miguel Gonzalez
    [quote="Nayan Goenka, post: 292023, member: 16299cromax Canvas 2+ or A5110Q

Android JellyBean 4.2.1

I use this one. And this feature doesn't seem useful to me.
    So every time you tutn your screen off an on it doesn't appear?[/quote]

Nope it never does. I have to manually activate it.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    ="Nayan Goenka, post: 292118, member: 162993"]So every time you tutn your screen off an on it doesn't appear?
    Nope it never does. I have to manually activate it.[/quote]

Is your device rooted?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Nope it never does. I have to manually activate it.
    Is your device rooted?[/quote]

No my device is of course not rooted. does it matter? If it works only for rooted devices then there is no point in using it.
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    ="Nayan Goenka, post: 292123, member: 162993"]Is your device rooted?
    No my device is of course not rooted. does it matter? If it works only for rooted devices then there is no point in using it.
    Take it east, I'm just asking because there's no way to get a LogCat from a JB+ device if its not rooted (Thanks Google). So I was going to ask you for a LogCat, but you can't send it. I'm going to try to find what's happening.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Friend i updated the app not the entire mobile update

It showed there was a new update and i updated the app
  • Miguel Gonzalez
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Conqueror
    Friend i updated the app not the entire mobile update

It showed there was a new update and i updated the app
    That's what I tried to say. Check on your advanved notifications settings and tell me what option you have to remove them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can we have the details of the facebook campus recruitment process posted here? In the last 2 months, several candidates have written to me (using the contact us page) asking...
Every smartphone and even some feature phones support positioning, while the โ€˜dumbโ€™ phones rely on Wi-Fi or network triangulation the smart ones use satellite supported services like GPS or GLONASS....
As all auto lovers around the world would be eagerly waiting to make a global debut I want to know the feelings of CEans on this Auto show. This Frankfurt...
Just read an interesting article by Mukund Mohan, the startup guy at Microsoft Ventures. Mukund works with startups and helps them grow. You may read the article here. He quotes...
Google Inc is darn serious about the security of your device. Less than a week after the company introduced the app called Android Device Manager, it has began rolling it...